Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Party For Dogs


Bartels & Busack Pet Hospital and Spa actually had a Halloween party for pets! When we heard about this, we just had to go with Abby. We just put the Halloween owl scarf on her that she got from her spa day the day before and off we went. It was fun! We were greeted by staff who were in costumes taking pictures of all the pets as they arrived. It was a bit chaotic and dogs were all excited and some barking, some shaking but Abby was wagging her tail the whole time and just enjoying meeting all the other doggies.

They had a huge bake sale but we didn't have any cash with us so didn't buy anything there which was probably a good thing. Abby got a couple biscuit treats as she followed the treat lady and wouldn't leave until she got something. She was very friendly and as we were leaving, one of the staff took another picture of her and Gerard outside.

Here is Abby's post about it: My First Halloween Party

Now we are heading out to our church's Fall Festival to help run a game and give out candy to the kids. As of last of Sunday they still needed 800 bags of candy which the congregation donates. The kids have a lot of fun and I enjoy seeing all the cute costumes.

Tweet This

Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard Zemek

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds fun! I wish they had a party like that around here!

Daisy said...

Abby seems so well-socialized. It's great how well behaved she is around so many other dogs.

Rich Sands said...

Love Halloween for dogs. I used to think it was mean, embarrassing to them, but I've recently decided, so what? We need our fun, too!
See my piece on this, if you like.
http://scottsdaledogman.blogspot.com/2009/10/dogs-in-superman-costumes.html

Stereos and Souffles said...

Our city has a Halloween parade for dogs and I can't wait to go next year. Dogs in costumes = priceless!

said...

Gosh my Boston Terriers would love to go to a Halloween party!

Stopping by from SITS!

Helene said...

How fun!!!! I love it...a Halloween party for dogs! Why should they miss out on all the trick-or-treating fun, right?

DS Card said...

Dogs party, Its sounds good but I had not seen this before. Me and SAM (my dogi) wanna join one if we got a chance.

The Silver Age Sara said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day. I'm glad you're having so much fun with Abby.

Post a Comment