Sunday, June 11, 2023

Welcome Bear, Our Newest Family Addition--Happy 1st Gotcha Day!

This post is really late because we got our new cat a year ago--June 6, 2022.  I was not in blogging mode at the time and considering stopping blogging altogether but now have decided to continue doing it.

I really missed having a cat after our Spunky Doodle died September of 2021 and couldn't stand it any longer so went to the Parma Animal Shelter to see what was available.  Lo and behold, a tabby that looked just like our Manny Boy named Bear because he's a big boy!  He was so friendly and even came on my lap at the shelter.  They let us have him for a trial period, but after two days, I was all in.  

He is so affectionate and likes to play pounce games and chase the string on a stick.  He comes on my lap to watch TV and read with me.  He generally prefers to sleep on his cat tree or a chair but comes on the bed in the early morning hours to lay with me until it's time to get up.  Bear is an awesome, affectionate cat that I love very much.  I'm so glad I got him!

If you have a hole in your heart from losing a pet, I suggest getting another.  It's the only thing that helped me.  We know our pets don't live forever, but it's extremely hard to say goodbye to them and not miss them terribly.  There are plenty of animals in need of a loving home.  Just go check at a shelter near you and see what's available.  One might actually adopt you!  


Share this:

3 comments:

Lin said...

I'm so happy that you took in another kitty! And I'm glad that it worked out so well. He sure is a handsome boy!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Bear is sure handsome and hooray, we're glad you got another kitty and Bear looks most happy about it too. Happy Gotcha Day Bear!!!

Karen and Gerard said...

Thank you, Bear thanks you and says he found his perfect forever home.

Post a Comment