Sunday, October 18, 2009

ABC's Meme--(Sunday Stealing)


I liked this ABC's meme and haven't done one for awhile, so here it goes:

A- Advocate for: The homeless, animals.

B- Best Feature: Nails.

C- Could do without: Snow.

D- Dreams and desires: Have a closed in back porch one day again, a fenced in yard, an outdoor play area for my cats, volunteer at an animal shelter or zoo, grow old with Gerard and stay in good health to enjoy retirement in 5-6 years.

E- Essential items: Computer!

F- Favorite past time: Blogging and playing with my cats.

G- Good at: Organizing and helping others.

H- Have never tried: Asparagus, brocoli, cauliflower, beer, smoking, drugs.

I- If I had a million dollars: I'd quit work, give a large chunk to charity and help out people who I know are struggling.

J- Junkie for: Stuffed animals.

K- Kindred spirit: My husband, Gerard.

L- Little known fact: I was fascinated with secret codes as a kid and that's one reason why I wanted to learn shorthand.

M- Memorable moment: Getting engaged on my back porch after playing tennis on a Tuesday evening after work.

N- Never again will I: Pay money to advertise my book, "My Funny Dad, Harry." (See post about this: http://karenzemek.blogspot.com/2008/12/happy-birthday-dad-contest.html)

O- Occasional indulgence: Hometown Buffet or Golden Corral for lunch.

P- Profession: Administrative Assistant (secretary)

Q- Quote: Age is mind over matter. . . if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!

R- Reason to smile: This is the day that the Lord has made and I'm alive to enjoy it!

S- Sorry about: Accidentally stepping on my cat, Manny.

T- Things you are worrying about right now: Where do I go for my next mammogram (I've had them done at 3 different places now) and what doctor should I say ordered it (my primary doctor or my surgeon who is the one who said I need to get one in 6 months).

U- Uninterested in: Politics.

V- Very scared of: Bees and wasps.

W- Worst habits: Humming around people and talking to myself when in a computer war.

Y- Yummiest dessert: Rich chocolate fudge cake with ice cream.

X- X marks my ideal vacation spot: Right at home with my pets and husband.

Z- Zodiac sign: Sagitarias (December 13)

Tweet This

Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard Zemek

9 comments:

~T~ said...

Visiting from SITS, have a blessed day.
www.tuesdaysattonyas.blogspot.com

Hootin Anni said...

Our Golden Corrals food is sooooo greasy! And I love the fact your quote is just 'right on'!!

Mine's posted. Come join me? Click HERE

Daisy said...

I am certain that Manny has already forgiven and forgotten the accidental step.

easternsparkle said...

Great answers - seems a lot of us are Sagitarius out there!

I am Harriet said...

Snow is nice for about the first week when it's pretty. Then about January it's not so nice any more.

Have a great Sunday
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/10/what-are-you-advocate-for.html

Homestay Mama said...

Karen,
I had to laugh that you named three vegetables that you haven't tried. I guess they rate pretty low on your list if you lump them together with beer, smoking and drugs!

Actually, they are quite healthy and good for you unlike the latter three!

:-)

Helene said...

Seriously? You've never tried asparagus, broccoli or cauliflower? I can totally understand cauliflower because it's a little bland. Roasted asparagus is awesome!! You should try it sometime!!

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Tonya, thanks for stopping by. Please come again!

Hootin' Anni: I like all the variety at Golden Corral and love the desserts--I balance them off with a salad.

Daisy: Yes, Manny is very forgiving. We are good buddies!

EasternSparkle: My dad was a Sagitarius too.

Harriet: It's okay if it doesn't stick. Don't like to spend a lot of time shoveling or driving in it.

Homestay Mama: Glad I gave you a laugh. Yes, those vegetables don't even make it on my radar! Very low, indeed.

Helene: Okay, if I ever come across an opportunity to eat roasted asparagus, I'll give it a try.

The Silver Age Sara said...

You have to try asparagus. When ours grows fresh in our patch, there is nothing like it.
I dream about having lots of money one day so I could help friends, family and worthy charities.
Anyway, I enjoyed your list.

Post a Comment