Friday, October 16, 2009

7 Things I Learned This Week--Part 41


UPDATED AT 11:50 A.M.:

National Feral Cat Day


Just found out when reading Laila and Minchie's blog that today is National Feral Cat Day! In honor of this day, please read my post about missing my dad's cats here, all of which were strays.

Funny Video--The Yaya Ponytail


From watching the Yaya Ponytail video at Yaya Stuff, I learned how to make a ponytail and also enjoyed watching a hilarious video! You gotta check this one out but be sure to visit her blog and read the post about it--keep in mind this is a spoof video!


Sorting Programs


At Bloody Computer I learned this little tip: From the START on your computer, when you go into ALL PROGRAMS you can sort these alphabetically to find them easier by right clicking on one and then clicking on "Sort by name." Very easy!

Alexa


I read about Alexa, a system that rates blogs, at The Constant Complainer and finally took the time to register my two blogs and add the widget. I was surprised my rank was as low as it was. It took me awhile, but I finally got it.

Body Fat


When I worked out at the gym with a new trainer last week, I found out my body fat is back up to 32%. I know that body fat gadget isn't entirely accurate, but wow! That's back to where it was before I ever started working out, I think. At one point I had it down to 23-25% but that's when I weighed only 110 which didn't really look very healthy. People kept wondering if I was okay. As long as I can fit into my size 7-8 jeans, I'm not going to worry about it! I refuse to give up my pizza!!

Breast Cancer


At Chicken Nuggets of Wisdom, I learned that every 3 minutes in America a woman either finds out she has breast cancer or looses her battle with it. This is absolutely astounding to me! It was a long post about losing her Aunt Paula to Breast Cancer and participation in the Breast Cancer walk but one worth reading!

Healing Update


Yesterday the radiation oncologist told me it will take 6 months to a year for my breast to completely heal on the inside! I was shocked! I expected to be able to fully workout chest, biceps, shoulders and back by January--guess not! Get this, she said I could do bicep curls with 1-3 lb. dumb bells as long as I didn't do high reps! What good would that do??

Click here for more Friday Fragments.

Tweet This

Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard Zemek

14 comments:

Daisy said...

That ponytail demo was hilarious!

Kathy said...

Karen, that sorting programs tip reminds me of the time I was working on a client's PC. She had installed a million programs since the last time I worked on the computer and so the newest programs lay unalphabetized at the bottom of the programs menu.

So that I could find the programs I needed to use, I did the resort thing. She got so mad at me when she saw what I did, saying "But now I can't find anything!" I said, "Um. But they're alphabetized now."

Geesh.

won said...

Thank you for the alphabetizing tip! I did not know that, and will be fixing my programs soon.

Mrs4444 said...

That video from Yaya is one of my all-time favorites; she is so endearing, isn't she? :)

It kind of stinks to not be able to exercise, but I'm sure you'll take that over the alternative, right :)

Have a great weekend, Karen.

Caution/Lisa said...

Do NOT give up the pizza. You're healing and you need it. Not sure what my excuse is though...

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Cool info. Thanks for sharing!!

Hallie :)

The Silver Age Sara said...

Hey Karen, your Alexa rank is not low at all for a blog. In fact, it's really fantastic. Don't worry about the body fat because it will get back to where you want it. Being too think isn't great.
Never knew about the alphabetizing and the fact that a woman finds out about breast cancer every three minutes is astounding.
Six months might sound like a long time but it will go by fast.

Sandee said...

Everything takes about a year to heal. I've been hearing that for years. I'm thinking that you will be able to workout in about six weeks or so. Maybe longer, but that's been my experience.

I'm happy I'm back doing Entrecard too. Thanks!

Have a terrific day and weekend Karen.

MrsSki said...

Yaya is one of my favorite bloggers! That video is hilarious...and informative!

I'll have to try sorting my programs by name...I'm sure it's much easier than it is now!

Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

HOLLERRRRRRRRRRRR!

Woot Woot on posting my video!

Claudya Martinez said...

Thank you for the computer tip. I'm off to do it now.

Lee said...

I honestly believe the breast cancer fact. My mom has had breast cancer twice.
I love the Yaya video, she always makes me laugh!
Thought I'd check out your blog, stop by mine some time if you'd like! Have a great day!

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

Good morning! Stopped by to visit from SITS. You were on roll call just above me.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

The Constant Complainer said...

Hey. Sorry for the delay in responding to this. I was out of action last week. Thanks for the mention and I'm glad you registered with Alexa. Follow the tips and keep researching more - you won't regret it.

Post a Comment