Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Spontaneous Sunday

Our normal routine on Sundays is for me to leave the house around 7:30 a.m. to set up for my Sunday School class and then my husband comes a bit later and we attend the 8:15 a.m. service together. Then I teach Sunday School and my husband goes home, walks the dog and then to the gym. Orders pizza and brings it home for lunch.

Today though, I was surprised when Sunday School was over and I opened my door to see my dog walk in! I couldn't believe my husband walked her all the way up to church from our house, a 45 minute walk, and then actually brought her into the church! I quickly hoped she wouldn't have an accident inside the building and hurried them out through the kitchen to cut over to where my coat was hung.

She didn't seem winded and all and her tail was wagging the whole time. Many people squealed with pleasure when they saw her and she got lots of pets. She is very friendly and was a big hit, but I was embarrassed that he brought her inside. My husband said it was cool and a nice day so he just thought he'd try bringing her up to church. She enjoyed chasing some squirrels on the front lawn of the church too he said.

We all rode home in my car, but on the way I decided to do something spontaneous too for a change and we went to the park to enjoy the beautiful colored leaves and some extra outdoor time with Abby which she just loved. We ordered the pizza from the park (cell phones are so convenient!) and then introduced Abby to the owner our favorite pizza place, Casamel's, where we usually go every Sunday.

What have you done that was spontaneous lately? Does your spouse ever surprise you be doing something completely out of the ordinary?

Related post: I Went To Church Today by Abby

Tweet This

Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard Zemek

10 comments:

Debbie said...

That sounds like fun! And I love me some pizza. I have to eat it at least once a week or I feel like I'm missing something.
Spontaneous? I have to say that thinking about that, I don't know when the last time we did anything spontaneous. Maybe having four kids will do that to you!

i beati said...

I think sponstaneity makes life so special . I do that for myself often..sk

i beati said...

http://infantstoddlers.suite101.com/article.cfm/naming_your_christmas_baby

BeadedTail said...

I think it sounds like a wonderful day when Abby can come meet you at churck (with Gerard of course) and then you go to the park! Following up with pizza just makes it perfect!

BeadedTail said...

Oops - I meant to say church!

Helene said...

Sounds like you all had a great day!! It's nice to cut loose from the ordinary and do something different!

The last thing my spouse did to my surprise was the dishes!

AiringMyLaundry said...

That sounds like so much fun :)

Sharkbytes said...

I like spontaneous things, but we don't do many of them any more.

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Debbie: It was fun for a change. Your kids would love spontaneous--maybe you could wake them up during the night and take them in their pajamas for ice cream or something! They'd love it I bet!

Ibeati: I think you're right--we should be spontaneous more often even if we like our rut.

Beaded Tail: It was one of those perfect days! Had to smile when Abby walked in when I opened the door!

Helene: Gerard does the dishes all the time--he's Mr. Wonderful! Sounds like you have a good husband too though if he did the dishes to surprise you.

WhisperingWriter: It was. Hope you have a fun day too!

Sharkbytes: We hardly ever do anything spontaneous--we both are planners and like things planned ahead. Sometimes we will go to the zoo on the spur of the moment though.

The Silver Age Sara said...

I loved reading about your spontaneous Sunday. It sounded as both you and Gerard had a wonderful time and I must say he is a wonderful man.
I don't think we do all that much spontaneous because we are mostly at home on the farm.
I loved reading this post.

Post a Comment