Friday, September 12, 2008

What I Learned This Week

On Monday, I learned what a hornets nest looks like because I found one in my basement! UGH! (see previous post)

On Tuesday, I learned two things today! One, that the concept or language of "inviting Jesus into your heart" or "asking Jesus into your heart" is based on Galatians 4:6: And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Two, it's Mountain Woman's birthday and we are the same age: 54! (Her blog is Red Pine Mountain)

On Wednesday, I learned that locusts lay their eggs in tree bark and when they hatch, the little critters burrow into the ground and live off the juices from the tree roots and 17 years later come back above the ground full grown into those ugly insects! Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things.--Psalm 17:18(I read this in my devotional book I'm using: "A Closer Look At The Evidence" by Richard & Tina Kleiss.)

I learned a city dog lives an average 3 years longer than a country dog. This surprised me because I would think a country dog would get more exercise so would help it live longer.

At work today, I learned a new system for opening new clients--sat through two hours of training for this one!

On Thursday, my morning devotions have gotten longer since I am going through "Living Beyond Yourself" by Beth Moore. Before we can be filled with the spirit, we have to empty ourselves. The basic steps are Pour out, Pour In, and Pour Forth!

I read on Happy Family Matters that it's good to unplug electrical things after using them such as the TV, washers, computer. Apparently, even when things are plugged in even if they aren't on, they still use electricity? I'd like some confirmation on this before I do it. Anyone knowledgeable in electricity that could confirm this?

On Friday I learned a lot about Stumble Upon from
StumbleUpon 101--The Web Made Simple. Specifically, I learned that (1) by clicking on the Stumble button on my tool bar, it shows me sites that are related to the interests that I submitted; (2) submitting your own content is not a good practice.

On Saturday I learned there is an Animal Hall of Fame and Lassie was the first animal inducted in 1969! (See what interesting information you get when you play trivia to help feed cats and dogs that's on my blog?)

I also learned today that to have a strong passwords, they should contain the following:
*at least 1 capital letter
*at least 1 small letter
*at least 1 number
*at least 1 symbol
*should be at least 7 characters

How about sharing something you learned this week in a comment?

3 comments:

Silver said...

hello thanks for visiting. 911 is really something, after all these years it still has the same effect.

wishin you all the best.

The Silver Age Sara said...

I loved your list.
City dogs supposedly live longer than country dogs due to leash laws. Supposedly country dogs are running loose and are more apt to have an accident.
I'm going to go find the book you are reading. It sounds very worthwhile.

Anonymous said...

what i learned this week? hmm i can't think of those things instantly. but here's what: i learned a lot from what you learned. thx for sharing them.

btw, this is my last comment for today. signing off. goodnight...

ps. i'll read more on that stumbleupon 101 tomorrow. and maybe research on that electricity thing.

Post a Comment