Wednesday, September 3, 2008

$70 Free Club Seat Tickets for Indians Ballgame


Today we used the free Club Seat tickets for the Cleveland Indians baseball game that I got from work. It's one of the perks I get. If a client isn't using the tickets, then employees can request them, so I put in for the day game today against the Chicago White Sox. It was a beautiful day again and Gerard and I ate very well. The food is free because it's included in the ticket price! It's an all you can eat buffet and they also bring around popcorn, hot dogs and Cracker Jack to the seats! We had burgers, pizza, ice cream, sorbet, popcorn, Cracker Jack, pop, lemonade and water.

Although the Indians lost 4-2, my favorite player, Grady Sizemore got on base and scored.


The highlight of the game though was the squirrel running on the field and watching the players and security chasing after it! They even put a close up of the squirrel up on the scoreboard while a squirrel song played and everyone's attention was on that squirrel! It was so funny! Finally, a guy came out with a net and got booed by the crowd for removing the squirrel. When the eighth or ninth inning came up, a picture of the squirrel was put up on the scoreboard again with a big "S" superimposed on its chest with the title, "rally squirrel."

It was a very fun time! Tonight, I start a women's Bible Study on the fruit of the spirit by Beth Moore.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like such a fun time. The baseball game alone would be nice, but with the included food and the squirrel...I'm glad you had a good time. I also just wanted to let you know that you have just received a most prestigious award. You can swing by my site to pick it up...the paparazzi are already there and waiting for you.

BeadedTail said...

Sounds like a great day at the ballpark! Can't say as that I've ever seen a squirrel at a game but that sure would have been fun to see!

Susan Cook said...

That's cool that you got free tickets from work! I wish I could get some for the Red Sox! That is funny about the squirrel. Great pictures you got!

Anonymous said...

Haha, that must have been so much fun! In the youtube movie I believe I hear someone shout: "go away"! As if the squirrel would understand that...

x

Rick (Ratty) said...

I think these squirrels run out there to ruin it for the home team. It seems like they lose whenever a squirrel gets on the field. Still, going to a baseball game is one of the most fun times to be had.

Post a Comment