Monday, February 6, 2012

Gifts That Made My Day! by Abby

Look Abby, this one is for you!
Every Saturday at our house is "Abby" day because I get extra time with my mom and dad, extra walking and extra treats, but last Saturday was a very special day for me. Not only did I get most of my stitches taken out, but there was a package addressed to ME from Boston Baked Bonz (www.bbbonz.com)!

Quinoa Crunchies
It had a Get Well Card from the Kids of Red Pine Mountain with Woofs and Hugs to me!  Mountain Woman is one of  my mom's blogging buddies who also has doggies who heard about my unfortunate adventure and were concerned.  My mom and dad were both excited about this special Get Well Card because it has wild flower seeds in the paper and in the spring they can wet it and plant it just below the soil and wild flowers are supposed to grow!  I am not that interested in flowers, but they thought it was very cool!

Gerard opened it for me and kept pulling out more and more things including a tug toy, a bone pillow, a very fancy collar with hearts on it and a couple boxes of special treats:  baked Quinoa Crunchies--dog treats with organic Quinoa and nutritious CRUNCH in every bite (25 doggie cookies) and apple muffins!

I never had anything like these apple muffins before!
Wow, all this for me?












I tried my fancy collar on too--it is so pretty but the picture is blurry because I was too excited about all this nice stuff to held still.  I am not into toys like the cats, but I sure love the food!  My mom has a friend who has dogs that play with toys so I will let them have them so they will not go to waste. 

Thanks so much for thinking of me and sending me all this wonderful stuff, especially the (cookies and muffins) all the way from Boston!  I hope you will all visit their blog at Red Pine Mountain!  Let them know Abby sent you.

(50 cents per legitimate comment goes to Caroline's Kids Pet Rescue for February in honor of cat appreciation month!)

Share this:

11 comments:

Whisppy said...

What a lovely package and to receive it on your Abby day!
Those cookies and apple muffins look yummy and that collar is very pretty.

Beth Ann said...

Wow---that was a great package filled with love!!!! So happy you got it on Abby Day!!!! Way to go, Abby!

The Silver Age Sara said...

Abby, thank you for the lovely post and we here on RPM are so thrilled you are doing so well. We felt so bad for you having to go through such a terrible ordeal and just are thankful you have such a terrific vet and terrific parents and are going to be okay. Woofs to you!

Lin said...

Oh, that was so nice of Sara! I keep hoping that she sends me a turkey one of these days--I love her turkeys, they are very cool. To hang out with, of course, NOT to eat!!

We are all so glad you are feeling better, Abby!

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Wow, those treats look kinda delicious! LOL

Mike Golch said...

I'm glad they made your day.I am also glad that your stiches are out. Big Time Gentle Hug.

BeadedTail said...

That was a very nice gift Abby! Your new collar is very pretty!

Sharkbytes said...

Wow- very nice for you Abby, and you are a generous dog to share.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Awwww that was so sweet of them and you should enjoy every single thing which I know that you are!

What a special and BRAVE doggy you are!

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

What a nice surprise, Abby! It's always nice to get treats in the mail! Guess what? I bet every day is Abby Day in your house. You are so loved!

Abby (the dog) said...

I like the cookies and muffins very much--delicious! I am happy I have so many nice friends who send me good wishes too! Every day isn't Abby day because both my mom and dad usually have to go to work all day long and I am alone with only the two cats for company. They are amusing to watch sometimes and I do keep an eye on them so they do not fight, but they don't pet me at all.

Post a Comment