Thursday, February 23, 2012

Three Things I Wish I Could Do (Writer's Workshop)

One of the Mama Kat's Writer’s Workshop prompts this week is to complete the sentence, “I wish I could . . . .” I can think of three things I wish I could do right off the top of my head which are listed below.
  1. I wish I could be in two places at once. I’d love to be able to go to work and still bum around at the same time, running errands, blogging, hanging out with my pets, working out, going places, etc. Often it seems we have no plans and then two things come up that I’d like to go to at the same time.

  2. I wish I could pop over to places like Jesus did after his resurrection. If I could do this, I’d travel since it wouldn’t require transportation. I’d go visit my sponsored child in Chile, the AWANA clubs I sponsor in Ecuador and the Philippines, Covenant House in New York, Boys Town, Best Friends in Utah, some of my blogging buddies, zoos in different cities, and maybe some other places too as long as I could get back home the same day.

  3. I wish I could go back in time to the day my mom died and be with her in the hospital during her last few hours or at least minutes. We all got there too late. At the time, I really didn’t want to actually see her die but then afterward, I felt guilty for letting her die alone with people she really didn’t know.
What do you wish you could do? (50 cents per legitimate comment goes to Caroline's Kids Pet Rescue for February in honor of cat appreciation month!)

 Share this:

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your ideas for travel. They would be great ways to see and spend time with people you love.

Stacey said...

Being in two places at once would come in very handy for me. I am often torn between which kid's stuff I should attend and trying to make it fair for everyone is so hard. I love your ideas!

Ann in the UP said...

I wish I could learn languages easily. At the moment I wish I knew Spanish---but since I have the chance to wish, I'll wish big!

Rebecca Mecomber said...

I wish you could pop over to my place, too! I WOULD LOVE to meet you and Gerard. If you ever show up in Upstate NY, let me know. ;)

Liz Navarrete said...

Have an extra 30 minutes to myself each day. Is that selfish? LOL.

RedWriter said...

The trouble with being able to be in two places at once is that neither time I would want to be at work ha ha. :) x

BeadedTail said...

You're welcome to come here anytime! I just got done with a 10 hour day of preparing tax returns so my wish list is distorted for the time being. I wish I was on a beach on a tropical island!

Karen and Gerard said...

JD's Mom: I think it would be really fun to go visiting all different places. If I could pop in and out, I definitely would do it!

Stacey: I bet every mom would love to be able to be two places at once.

Ann in the Up: I just finished reading about a girl who picked up languages very easily (The Poison Tree). She really wasted her talent though and that was a shame.

Rebecca: Will definitely let you know if we ever get to upstate NY, just don't count on it. It's so not likely.

Liz: Hey, thanks for commenting! I think this is the first comment you left for me and no, I don't think wanting 30 minutes for yourself is being selfish--more like reasonable.

RedWriter: I need the money--must work for now.

Beaded Tail: At least you get part of your wish, the beach is near enough to you! I just finished reading a book (Sophie) about a dog that went overboard and got stranded on a tropical island. It was a true story too! Fortunately, it survived and was reunited with its owners 5 or 6 months later and was as happy and healthy as ever. It was an amazing story.

Patrice said...

Those would be some great powers!

Post a Comment