Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Spunky's Latest Adventures by Spunky Doodle

Since Abby's attack, she's been hogging the blogging around here so I had to do something to get my mom to notice me! I've been up to a few adventures and some pretty amazing feats if I do say so myself.  

Coffee Cake Push Game: First off, that kitchen counter provides me with much entertainment. Last week my humans had a coffee cake in a lightweight plastic container which I easily pushed all around and eventually off the counter. After removing me from the counter several times and me just getting right back up, Karen decided it was time for that cake to go into the big cold box with the heavy door on it so I couldn't get to it.

Oooh, tasty!
Bread Feast: I had great success last Wednesday when Karen had her lunch bag ready for the next day on the counter and went off to her Bible study. Gerard was watching TV in the basement so I had plenty of time to rip into the brown bag and feast on some bread. Karen got mad at me when she saw that and I felt a little bit bad. She was tired and just wanted to get to bed but had to remake her lunch. I didn't bother with the trail mix or fiber bar. She was not happy with me when she first saw it, but she can't stay mad at me long because I'm so cute. She still let me sleep with her that night.  

Hide-n-Seek: One of my favorite games is playing hide-n-seek where I hide and Karen seeks. I found a very good hiding place where she didn't find me. I like to play before she goes to work because she gets more frazzled the longer she looks because of the time limit involved. The secret to a good game is to come out before they actually find you hiding spot so you can use it again and so you can be the winner. After she looked in all the rooms including the basement and the closets, I came out and showed myself. It was quite fun and is always a good feeling to know they miss you when you aren't in your regular place.

I like this view!
Printer Stepping Stone: Since I have been feeling a bit ignored this last month with Abby getting so much attention, I now found a new high place to get Karen's attention when she's at the computer, which is pretty much whenever she is home. I first hop up to the chair next to the computer, then onto the printer and up to the top of the computer desk and look down at Karen. She is not real happy about me being up there because she thinks I might knock something off like her picture or the ceramic kitty or the radio. So far I haven't. I wonder why she doesn't trust me. Hope you keep your humans on their toes this week and if you are human, please treat your cats well!
My dismount

Now doesn't this make you want a cat?  We are so entertaining and so much fun, not to mention very soft and cute too!

(50 cents per legitimate comment goes to Caroline's Kids Pet Rescue for February in honor of cat appreciation month!)

Go to Bozo's Pets forever to find more Pet Pride posts or enter one of your own.

Share this:

10 comments:

Beth Ann said...

Oh Spunky Doodle---you have your humans right where you want them! I especially liked your hints about keeping your hiding place a secret!!! It does freak us owners out when we can't find you!!! Be nice to Karen---she still loves you!

Ann in the UP said...

SD---I think you need to meet the cat at my house who's nickname is The Rearranger. She discovered that she could make the printer whirrr and spit out paper if she pressed the button with her paw. She's always into something!

What was in that delicious sandwich that attracted your attention?

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Really great post! Spunky is becoming quite a good blogger and always has such daring-do's to tell us about. :)

Sparkle said...

Spunky Doodle, you are doing an amazing job of supervising your human and keeping her on her toes! Somebody needs to do it while Abby has been recuperating.

BeadedTail said...

Spunky Doodle, we can tell who rules the roost at your house! You have your mom wrapped around your paw! The hide and seek game sounds like fun! We'd never win that because Mommy goes to the treat drawer and finds us when we come out running.

Lin said...

Hobbes has cabin fever and is acting like a nut too. He's chasing Grace, grabbing Joe's legs when he walks through the house, and meowing to go outside (and back in again) every 2 minutes!!

I think you and Hobbes are BORED!

Tell Abby we said "hi!"

Sharkbytes said...

And you wonder why I don't think we need a new cat...

Helene said...

Awww, I loved this!!! Spunky Doodle sounds like a mischievous cat!!!

And as I sit here typing this, one of my cats is trying to sit on my lap top.

Kay L. Davies said...

Spunky Doodle, you are just being a regular cat, and you do it SO well. Some cats sleep all day, but you know all the cat tricks and you exercise them. Good for you. Lindy's mom thinks Lindy would like to have a cat friend, but it isn't as easy to get someone to look after a cat as it is to get someone to look after a lazy laid-back Golden Retriever. Facts of life: cats are more fun than dogs. LOL

Kay and Lindy, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Sylvia K said...

Ah, Spunky Doodle, you are the best!! Didn't think I'd ever say that about a kitty!!! Sure hope you have a fun week!

Sam Schnauzer

Post a Comment