Friday, February 17, 2012

6 Things We Learned This 7th Week of 2012 (scrub, technology, marriage, death)

Friday Fragments is hosted my Half-Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post. We like to share what we've learned each week.
  1. Cereal

    Gerard's new favorite cereal is KRAVE. He found a coupon for it so decided to give it a try because it sounded good. It's little squares of crisp multi-grain outside with real chocolate inside. He loves it and eats it for supper and also snacks on it dry right out of the box.  There's a double chocolate kind too.
  2. Scrub

    We just buy hand lotion, but at my Women of Wonder (W.O.W.) meeting I learned that some people actually make what is called a "scrub" to put on rough skin to soften it. At the meeting, we mixed some brown sugar and oil and some chocolate together to make a concoction for a scrub. This was foreign to me, but I wasn't the only one. Do you make scrubs?
  3. QR Codes

    I never heard of a QR code until I read Cracking The Code over at Half-Past Kissin' Time last Saturday. There is a site where you can make one. Apparently it's some kind of app for the smartphone which takes you to a website. Go read the post to learn more about it.
  4. Bedroom Closet

    My husband told me he'd like the bedroom closet for his stuff. I thought that was a reasonable request because at the time I had my wardrobe and shared the closet too. I moved my coats and jackets that I had in the computer room closet to the front entry way closet and then the dresses, blazers and sweaters I had in my bedroom closet to the computer room closet. No problem.
  5. Two Deaths

    It's always sad to learn of famous people dying that we like and feel as though we know. This past week Whitney Houston died and it was all over the news and Twitter and blogs, but I saw this video posted by one of my friends on Facebook and want to share it because it expresses my feelings to a degree about how we show partiality to the famous. All life is valuable. My first thought after "How sad" when someone dies is "I wonder if they knew Jesus." 

  6. Energy Saver

    I learned that DirectTV now has an energy saver setting for the cable box that after four hours of inactivity, the cable box shuts off. To turn it back on, all I need to do is press that "info" button and the show comes right on. Someone needs to tell the customer service reps and the technicians there about this. When I called they acted like something was wrong with my box and told me to run a system test. Duh!

 (50 cents per legitimate comment goes to Caroline's Kids Pet Rescue for February in honor of cat appreciation month!)

Share this:

9 comments:

Wayne W Smith said...

I use QR codes on my syllabus now. Takes them right to the course website with one scan.
P.S. I am so trying that cereal.

Sandee said...

Loved the video. Right on the money.

Have a terrific day and weekend. :)

Keetha Broyles said...

And my favorite cereal is - - - - - OH YAH, I don't HAVE a favorite, I hate them all and will never again in my LIFE eat another bowl unless totally compelled to do so.

Of course my hubby would eat it three meals a day if left to his own devices.

viridian said...

My daughter eats way too much cereal! Maybe I won't look for a coupon;-)

BeadedTail said...

I've used scrubs before but not one with chocolate in it. That sounds kinda nice!

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

I need to make a couple of those QR codes. Thanks for the link

Kay said...

I love reading your blog. I seriously appreciate the things you learn.

I have never made a scrub, but you do make it sound easy. Is there a recipe somewhere?

I did read the cracking the code, and I have not made myself do it yet. I should.

I think the same thing when anyone dies. Because how famous they were does not matter when they meet their maker.

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

Are you sure that scrub isn't to eat, cuz I'd totally eat that as a snack.

I used the QR code thing when I was clowning for a day. Anyone who scanned the code went straight to my Clown Day page. It was cool!

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Around my house my beans don´t eat Cereals at all.
My mom use to use scrub , but she never have tryed the kind with chocolate in.
Mom never had heard about QR code either.
In our bedroom mom and dad have one closet each , mom got way moore stuff in her´s :)
That video was very thoughtful and true !
Smart thing with that energy saver ! Me and mom also say´s DUH ! about what the company told you about your box :)

Post a Comment