Monday, September 23, 2013

Great Sports Weekend For Us--Even the Browns Won!

What a fun game to watch yesterday!  It seems the Browns not only executed a fake punt, a fake field goal attempt, but also a fake 3rd string Quarterback in Hoyer!  Why have they been hiding this guy?  It was a wild game but I was happy to see they improved in several areas I had pointed out last week in my post, "Browns Need Encouragement, Not Criticism--Go Browns!"   They cut way down on the penalties and for the most part, went in the right direction.  Hoyer's throws were right on the money during the first half, but the second half threw a couple interceptions and was sacked twice I think.  (This is normal for the Browns to have a good first half and not-so-good a second half.)

They also got a huge break on the muffed kickoff return.  What a crazy rule this is.  The Benjamin Travis touched the football but didn't actually catch it and the Vikings picked it up and ran it in for a TD . . . only it didn't count because it wasn't actually a fumble since the Browns guy didn't actually catch it in the first place.  But wait, it gets better!  Then the Vikings coach challenged it and got a 15 yard penalty for poor sportsmanship because a muffed ball play is not challengable.  The announcers said they should have just lost a challenge instead of getting a penalty for it, but that was really something.  Finally the Browns got a break--usually these things go against us! 

It was an exciting game though because although the Browns led again at halftime, the Vikings came out the second half scoring and making a comeback.  In the end, our defense was able to stop them before they had time to score again.  A field goal wasn't enough, they needed a TD and I was holding my breath when they were throwing that ball down field.

My cat, Manny Boy and dog, Abby watched the game with me.  Abby barked her head off at the end when we won, joining in with my celebrating!

It was a wonderful sports Sunday with all our teams winning:  Indians, Red Sox, Brown and Patriots!  The Buckeyes also won big on Saturday!

Don't you just love the excitement of football?  It's definitely my favorite thing about fall!

Share this:

6 comments:

Sandee said...

I'm glad you had a great sports weekend.

Have a fabulous day and week ahead. Scritches to all the babies. :)

Lin said...

I'm not a football watcher--but I appreciate when your team(s) play well. I can't believe it is football season already!

BeadedTail said...

Glad you had a good weekend watching your teams win! It's much nicer this year with the Chiefs winning too so let's hope it continues for both our teams!

Sylvia said...

Thanks Karen, for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment on my blog. I am not a fan of football unless my grandson's are playing, I much weather watch them when they play baseball.
Have a Blessed Day!

Sylvia

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

All I understood was that Abby and Manny were excited. I didn't understand a single thing before that. Someone once tried to explain football to me and I thought I understood it, but then I promptly forgot everything and returned to my ignorance. Glad they won!!

Karen and Gerard said...

Sandee: Thanks! It's rare when all our teams win!

Lin: Guess you just like watching the band, huh?

Beaded Tail: I saw the Chiefs won too and thought of you. It's much more fun when our teams win!

Sylvia: It's nice that you get to watch your grandsons play!

Junk Drawer Kathy: You crack me up. You're missing out on a lot of excitement if you don't understand the game. Does your husband like to watch?



Post a Comment