Friday, September 27, 2013

6 Friday Fragments (New things, food, bruise)



Friday Fragments is hosted by Half Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post to give Mrs. 4444 a break for the summer. Here we go:

Camera Size Settings

I thought I'd use the VGA (email) setting on my camera for blog pics to save space and help them to load faster but found out that size doesn't work for our blog header at Grab a Book From Our Stack. It didn't go all the way across so had to up it to 2M.

Free Food

At work Monday I ate well. First, I had two pieces delicious chocolate cake brought in by a co-worker (thanks, Cher) leftover from her clam bake on the weekend. One was a ho ho cake--it had HoHos cut up on top. Then, because I rode the bus to work, I got a free lunch given by our green committee--Rascal House pizza, salad, and cookies. With eating all that (4 slices of pizza and two cookies), I didn't even need any supper!

Google Maps

I just discovered Googlemaps.com this week and really like it! I was impressed that as soon as I went to the site, I saw my location with a picture of my house! I looked up a location that was listed on the E-check notice we received that would be much closer for us to make sure it was the Lube Stop I thought it was. Then I looked up our favorite pizza place, Casamels in Parma, and did a review of it. Last Sunday when we had a missions emphasis at church, the youth pastor used Google Maps to show us where Haiti was. That's how I found out about it.

New Shows

We both liked watching Hostages, a new show. Did you like it?  Did you watch any other new shows you thought were good?  We also watched the sitcom about the Little League baseball family, but I was disappointed in that.  I didn't care for the mother's potty mouth or the grandfather's manner with his grandson.  My husband enjoyed The Michael J. Fox show too but I haven't watched that one yet.

Name Poems

Thanks to Mary-andering Creatively, I discovered a Name Poem Generator. You can choose a motivational poem or a funny poem. If you don't like it, you can click "generate poem" again and you will get something different.  I plan to post our name poems on Wednesday.

Strange Bruise

I discovered this bruise on my inside left thigh on Monday morning and it is still there! It never hurt or itched and I have no idea how I got it. It doesn't seem to be spreading either. It's a little tiny red dot on a very slight bump (like a mosquito bite) with a black and blue ring around it. Should I be concerned? Anyone have a clue as to what may have caused this?

GO TRIBE!  MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!

Share this:

6 comments:

Sandee said...

Sorry about the bite (looks like a bite) on your let, but I got stuck on the pizza and the chocolate cake. I think I gained a pound just reading this post.

Have a terrific day and weekend. Scritches to all the babies. ☺

Unknown said...

My kids love playing around with google earth! We saw the google mobile driving around one day with the camera on top of the car. I found that interesting. That does look like a bug bite. Don't know if you have woodticks where you live, but watch it closely and monitor if you begin to feel ill or have weird aches. My hubby had lymes disease once from a tick bite.

Bill Lisleman said...

free lunch for riding the bus - that's nice.
I use google maps often. The street view is great to give a preview of what to look for.

Mrs4444 said...

I love Google Earth and Google Maps. Mr.4444 is slowly starting to realize that we don't need his GPS when we have the Google Maps app.

I'd like to see the Michael J Fox show, but I have a hard enough time keeping up with the other shows we watch!

Fingers crossed for out team!!! Have a great week.

BeadedTail said...

Free pizza is always yummy! Okay, pizza is always yummy but free makes it better!

Chris said...

You ever figure out what the bruise was? I have one just like it over my knee

Post a Comment