Sunday, December 9, 2012

Mischief or Pet Pride--What Think You?




Donna, Abby, Gerard
When we visited Pleasant Lake Villa skilled care facility Saturday with Abby, she was really doing a good job of letting the residents pet her nice and making them smile.  Then just before we left, we went to show them her Canine Good Citizen tag and to our surprise, it was gone!  In fact, her dog license tag and her I.D. tag were gone too . . . yup, ALL her tags were gone!


We can't figure how those things fell off because those tiny rings sure are hard to pull apart to put on.  We looked around the house and in the car but couldn't find them.  I figured they were lying somewhere in the grass, possibly where she did a roly poly.  We immediately went to PetSmart to get her a new I.D. tag at least for $8.  

Today I got a call from my hubby while I was still at church getting ready to do a puppet show for the children about the Christmas story.  He said he had good news and I guessed that he found Abby's lost tags.  Sure enough, walking along on one of our neighborhood streets, Abby crossed the street and led my hubby right to her tags as if she knew right where they were!  Sat down right next to them as if saying, "Here they are, no big deal."  What a relief!

I found them all, but like my new heart tag best.  Woof!  Woof!

I have to wonder, did she just want a new red heart shaped one instead of the worn blue bone one she had?  I know she sensed Gerard and I were upset that the tags were gone.  She is such a smart dog!  This time, after I got them on, I wrapped a thin piece of duct tape around the slits.  I really hope they don't fall off again.  This is the second time this happened!

See the duct tape?

Does anyone else have this problem of losing the tags? 

I'm not sure if this was mischief (her way of getting a pretty new tag) or Pet Pride for finding the lost tags so we are joining both hops.  Visit more blog hop posts about Monday Mischief and Pet Pride.


Share this:

7 comments:

Sandee said...

Little Bit lost hers once and we never found them. She didn't either. So we went to SPCA and got her a replacement. It happens. I'm glad Abby found hers and I'm guessing she wanted that new red heart.

Have a woof woof day Abby. My best to your parents. :)

Lin said...

We stopped putting the tags on the cats collars because they were always losing them and they are expensive to replace. When Grace was younger, she lost collars all the time--and those are expensive too!! It drove me crazy!!

I'm glad that Abby found them for you! That was a hilarious story!

snoopy@snoopysdogblog said...

Yay, glad you found your tags again Abby!! :)

I lost mine once and one of my Doggies friends Mum's found them and gave them back to us, lucky hey?! :)

I hope you're having a fun day,

Your pal Snoopy :)

Sparkle said...

I DO think Abby is smarter than you thought! But I am sure she has set you straight now. ;-)

Kara said...

I'm not really sure myself, but I do know dogs are incredibly smart. So I think I'll go with Abby just wanting to show you up. :D Thanks for the laugh!

BeadedTail said...

Good job Abby! You lost your tags just long enough to get a pretty red heart tag! You are one smart cookie!

Flea said...

What a good dog! My dogs have never lost their tags. Hm.

Post a Comment