Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thanks For Commenting!

We enjoy reading all the comments we receive on our blogs and had 230 during November so we will donate $115 to the Cleveland City Mission, which was our charity for November.  With Christmas shopping and all the extra expenses related to the holidays, we will not be donating to charity based on our blog comments.  I am also considering cutting back on blogging for the month of December so probably will not post as often on this blog.

We are going to try to cut back on our charitable giving next year to practice what our budget would look like if we had only one salary coming in; therefore, we will not continue to make charitable contributions based on blog comments next year.  I doubt if this will have any impact at all on the amount of comments we receive.  Never fear though because this month Beth Ann at It's Just Life is donating money based on the number of comments she gets to Josh's Yolka Project which helps orphanages in Russia.  I hope you will visit her blog.  This really sounds like a wonderful project and 100% of donations go to the orphanages!

I feel very good about our giving but really need to narrow the field.  It's hard to choose just a few organization to support because the need is so great and there are so many wonderful non-profit organizations out there. 

Share this:

5 comments:

Kara said...

That's an awesome thing to do. Donate so much based on the amount of comments. :) But I can certainly understand needing to limit your spending. I hope y'all have a lovely Christmas season! :)

Lin said...

We've had to cut back on spending too, but we really need to do a LOT more with Emma heading off to college next year. I think it was great that you have contributed as much as you did, and continue to do. It's hard though--I feel like we don't ever give enough.

Ann in the UP said...

I've decided that the feeling of knowing there are so many things that need attention----is just the curse of people who care.

We care about abandoned animals, disaster victims, translating the bible, at risk teenagers, women without hope, and the list goes on and on and on. We just have to deal with it in whatever direction the Lord leads, I guess.

Sandee said...

What a nice thing you've done for a very long time. I can understand about not doing it with just one salary coming in. Need to figure out how things will go. We did the same thing when hubby retired.

Have a terrific day. :)

Mrs4444 said...

I prefer to change up my giving every year. This idea has been a great one, and I'm sure you've made a difference. Off to visit Beth!

Post a Comment