Monday, December 3, 2012

60 Cheers for 60 Years--Happy Birthday!


My husband turned 60 today and we sort of celebrated all weekend.  I had a big surprised planned and he was trying to guess what it could be, but I stumped him.

We got this big cookie on Saturday--he preferred it to cake.

Spunky wasted no time jumping into the box and batted Manny away.




He proudly models his new Rudy Notre Dame jacket


I gave him the "Grumpy Old Bear" t-shirt on Saturday, the warm pajamas ("gift wrapped" by L.L. Bean) on Sunday and the Notre Dame "Rudy" jacket and Notre Dame tossle cap this morning. 

When he went outside to walk Abby, he said what's this?  Here is what he saw on our front yard from http://www.overnightgreetings.com/:  He got a big kick out of it and Abby didn't even bark when they came during the night to set it up!

He loved his yard surprise!
Gerard had a great birthday.  He took the day off work and did whatever he wanted all day long.  It was 60 degrees so Abby got a few extra walks in.  Sorry the picture is kind of dark but I had to go to work so took this before I left.  It's dark when I leave and dark when I get home now. I was pleased--they even spelled his name right!

Share this:

11 comments:

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Oh my gosh, this is hilarious!!!! I love your yard decoration and the little bear on the cookie. You sure know how to throw a celebration, LOL.

Happy birthday, Gerard!

Sandee said...

Oh you did it up big. Good for you Karen. I know he loved everything. He had to because you know exactly what he likes. I'm so happy he had a great 60th birthday. :)

Sparkle said...

Happy birthday to Gerard - what a fun surprise!

Lin said...

I LOVE that!! What a GREAT idea, Karen!!!

Happy Birthday, Gerard! Wishing you 60 more, my friend. :)

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE YARD!!!

Happy Happy Birthday Gerard!!!

May you have many more! What a fun birthday!

Beth Ann Chiles said...

Well happy birthday to Gerard!! Looks like the perfect birthday was had!!! Good job, Karen!

Jackie said...

Wow you really fixed him up. What a wonderful surprise for him.

This has got to be one of the best birthdays I have ever seen.

You did a marvelous job!!

Happy Birthday Gerard!
Jackie:-)

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

Aw, what a fun-looking birthday! I'd be especially fond of the cookie myself, just sayin'. Is there any of it left? Really cool lawn display! I love those when I see 'em.

Happy Belated Birthday, Gerard!

Unknown said...

Happy 60th to Gerard! A milestone for sure. The jacket looks great.
Rosemary

Mrs4444 said...

You are an awesome wife--the best present ever, right Gerard?! Happy Birthday!!! Loved your ideas :)

GoldRush Apple said...

Gerard's lookin' good in that Notre Dame jacket! Happy belated birthday to him.

What size is the jacket? I'm small, about 5'2, and I'm thinking of purchasing myself a Rudy jacket one day - maybe. Thanks!

God Bless.

Post a Comment