Friday, December 28, 2012

4 Friday Fragments (Malawi, Google, snow, boots)


Friday Fragments is hosted my Half-Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post. Here we go:

Malawi

We were notified that our Operation Christmas Child box was sent to Malawi.  I never heard of this place but it's in Africa.  Forty-five percent of Malawi’s 16.3 million people are 14-years-old or younger.


Now the urgent need is to provide the volunteers and follow-up material to teach the children to become faithful followers of Jesus.

We Got Snow!

We were blasted with snow on Wednesday. Gerard is off all week but I had to go to work. I was surprised when the office closed at 2:00 p.m. and we were told we could go home! Usually, downtown is like a parking lot when a snow storm hits, but today the traffic was light and we moved along pretty good. It was great getting home before dark! Gerard wore his new boots today and was amazed that his socks were dry after walking Abby in 3-4" of snow and shoveling the drive.

Cats and Google


Cats are the most popular animal on Google! According to the Freekibble site, When you google "cat", you'll get more than 2.4 billion "results"... almost double any other animal!

Old Boots


When I got to work yesterday, my socks were all wet. Then I looked at my boots and no wonder! The sole was all cracked. Guess it's time for new boots. Fortunately, I had an extra pair of socks at work for just a time as this. I have more to tell about this, but will make a whole post about it.

Share this:

7 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

I'm not surprised that cats are so popular. I love cats, too.

We got some snow out of that storm but nothing like farther south in the state. As we drove toward Madison it was awesome! Trees covered and everything was beautiful!

Inconvenient, but beautiful!

Barb said...

I love the Freekibble site! I'm not surprised about cats' popularity, either, especially with all the videos and LOLCats and such out there.

BeadedTail said...

Of course cats are most popular! :) Glad Gerard's feet were dry and hope you get new boots soon too!

Sparkle said...

Of course we kitties are the most popular critter on the internet... because we RULE the internet!

Mrs4444 said...

Your boots are really cute! Good luck choosing a new pair, and Good Job on being prepared with the extra socks!

Mr.4444 and I still toy with the idea of a cat, but Kendall has begged us not to get one--She's so allergic. Too bad there's no such thing as a hypoallergenic cat (so far).

Thanks for linking up, Karen. Happy New Year to you and Gerard :)

Actingbalanced said...

I'm kinda surprised that Cats are doubly as popular as dogs, but being I'm sure I shouldn't be... happy new year!

doreen mc gettigan said...

Its time for new boots,hopefully you can find a good sale.I want a cat so badly but I am SO allergic to them. I have to have dogs that don't shed and I'm still allergic to them.
We were supposed to get a few inches today but only got a dusting.It was pretty.Happy New Year!!!

Post a Comment