Tuesday, July 4, 2023

My Husband's Favorite Reads In June

My husband had read three books in June that he loved!  One was based on a true story and the other two are both by Sally Hepworth.  Below are his reviews on these favorites:

Three Sisters by Heather Morris is based on a true story.  Three sisters make a pact to always stay together and be there for each other, but when two of them are sent to a concentration camp by the Nazis, that pact is put to the test.  Will they survive to see their sister again?  This book is really good!  The parts about the concentration camp are very powerful!  I loved all the three sisters and liked the very good ending!  

 

The Soulmate by Sally Hepworth, Gabe and Pippa's house is near a cliff where people sometimes go to end their lives.  Gabe has a way of talking people off that cliff.  However, one day with Pippa watching, a woman and Gabe talk until the woman is falling off that cliff!  To Pippa, it looks like Gabe pushed her, but she doesn't really believe it!  Could he have?  Sally Hepworth is always good, but this book is fantastic!  The characters are really good and I thought I knew how it would end, but I was wrong!  LOVED THIS ONE!  

In The Mother's Promise by Sally Hepworth, Alice is a single mother who has a 15-yr.-old daughter, Zoe.  When Alice gets sick with Cancer, she is told that she needs a support person to help her and drive her around.  Unfortunately, she has no one except Zoe to count on.  Kate, a nurse, and Sonja, a social worker come to her aid, but they are dealing with their own problems.  This book is really good!  All the characters seem real.  I especially loved the parts with Zoe!  This is Sally's best book yet!  I LOVED IT!  


      Unfortunately, for me, I didn't read any books in June that is was thrilled with so hopefully, maybe I'll do better in July.  You can see all our book reviews at Grab A Book from Our Stack.

  Related posts you might enjoy:

O   Our Favorite Books We Read in 2021

Looking Back at Our Favorite Reads in 2016


1 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Looks like some interesting reads! Happy Independence Day from all of us!

Post a Comment