Sunday, January 15, 2012

I Can Finally Wear a Dress Again


I have quite a few skirts and nice dresses that Gerard has bought for me in the past but I quit wearing because I just couldn’t find any comfortable shoes to wear with them. I really don’t like dressing up, but at least wore a dress or skirt to church for years. Once I quit though, I got used to being comfortable on Sundays too! I haven’t worn a dress in probably three years at least, until last Sunday.

I decided that if I didn’t want to part with my skirts and dresses, then I should start wearing them again and getting some use out of them. So, I finally went to Lucky Shoes when we did our Christmas shopping and bought myself a pair. I was very impressed with the shoe saleswoman that actually brought several different shoes for me to try without an attitude. She was very helpful and even measured my feet. I am pleased to say that I wore them all morning without my feet hurting last Sunday! Next time I need shoes, it’s off to Lucky Shoes.

I figure it’s only fair that if Gerard gets dressed up for church in his suit, that I should dress up too. I got lots of compliments on my dress and always do because he really does have good taste in clothes.

So, another one of my resolutions for this year is to dress up for church on Sundays again. How often do you get dressed up? Do you have clothes hanging in your closet that you never wear? If so, maybe you should give some away.

Share this:

9 comments:

Alice said...

I like that dress a lot. He does have good taste:)

Lin said...

Oh, you look so nice, Karen! Gerard does have good taste!

I dress up for work during the week, so getting dressed up isn't a big deal for me. I wear low heeled pumps because I don't like my feet to be uncomfortable. But it is tough to find comfortable shoes that look nice with dresses--you did a good job--those are cute shoes!

BeadedTail said...

That is a very pretty dress! I'm glad you found comfy shoes! I don't ever dress up but I used to have to when I didn't telecommute and had to go into the office. We often clean out old clothes we don't wear and take them to the thrift shop that benefits the humane society.

Traci Marie Wolf said...

Ooh la la, you look lovely dressed up. I myself am a fan of the dress and the skirt. So I do wear them often but I don't quite get all gussied up like I used to. I lost the desire with all the weight gain and stress I've been dealing with. I hope you continue to dress up and it continues to make you feel good. Clothes are like art.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

you look very nice and the dress and shoes are quite polished together.
If I'm at church, I'm in a dress or skirt/blouse. I don't wear pants to church, just not comfortable wearing pants to church. In the winter, I wear pants but in the summer, I wear dress, even to garden/farm as I enjoy dresses more. Not sure I'm dressing up but do enjoy wearing dresses more than pants.
I've noticed men are more apt to jump in and lend a hand when I'm wearing a dress and not pants. A nice advantage! -smile-

Mike Golch said...

you do look good in that dress.He does have great taste in clothes.

Lucky Lady said...

YOU LOOK GOOD, I REALLY LIKE THE DRESS I NEVER GET DRESSED UP ANY MORE BUT MY GRAND DAUGHTER IS GETTING MARRIED IN MARCH AND I MUST FIND A DRESS I FEEL SO COMFY IN MY SWEATS

Karen said...

You look so pretty! Dark red is definitely your color.

mountain woman said...

Karen, I have the same dress and it is one of my very special favorites. You look lovely.

Post a Comment