Monday, January 2, 2017

Who Will Cost The Most? (by Spunky Doodle)

My mom and Doctor Walker were pleased that I gained .5 pounds in one week after eating more, BUT now they changed my special prescription food again. The good news is my thyroid is just fine, the bad news is my kidney level in my bloodwork was a bit too high so now I have Pro Plan NF food. I like it all right, but think I won't be getting any more Sheba. My mom is going to as the Doctor, but the technicians didn't think she would approve.

The good news is that at least the problem was caught early and hopefully the food will fix the problem! This is why my mom takes me to see the vet, so we can keep on top of things. Things can change pretty quickly in us cats so it is good to see the vet regularly. It is not cheap to take care of pets so be sure you are willing to spend the money on any you adopt.

This year, my mom gave us each a line in her budget so she can see which of us wins at being the most costly to care for. I think I have a good chance at winning this contest, but it could be close. Let us know who you think will win in the comments (I am even giving you a summary of our current regular expenses to help you):

Spunky:  prescription food, upcoming dental cleaning, arthritis supplement, ear cleaning fluid, Revolution, cat litter

Manny:  prescription food for thyroid, ear cleaning fluid, Revolution, cat litter, has very bad teeth
Abby:  prescription food & Ostilox for arthritis, Dental chews & Milk bones, Revolution, Bravecto
Share this:

7 comments:

Sandee said...

We have to take care of our babies properly. Looks like mom is doing just that.

Looks like Abby needs a nice soft bed to lay on. I know our Little Bit loved hers. Her poor old bones hated the hard floor.

I linked this post to Awww Mondays.

Have a terrific day. My best to your peeps. ☺

Summer said...

I like to say that we kitties are an investment!

Karen said...

Thanks, Sandee! We tried a nice big soft bed for Abby a couple years ago and she would not go on it. She usually lays on our chair by the window or the couch in the living room. I think I will give a soft dog bed another try though for her.

Summer: Yes, you kitties are certainly an investment and well worth it!

Kathe W. said...

Our four legged family members are worth taking care of- Happy New-year- hope the new diet helps!

BeadedTail said...

It's good your mom is on top of all your medical needs to keep you all healthy! In our house Isabella is the most expensive because her FloVent inhaler costs $267 about every 3 months!

Purrs,
Angel

Annesphamily said...

a god mom cares for her loved ones. You all get well and keep up the great work staying fit! Happy New Year too!

Lin said...

We know from experience that the NF in the name of the kidney-kind food stands for NO FLAVOR. My kitty hated that stuff. We fought for her to eat it for so long and finally gave up. I hope you have better luck.

Doctors are expensive...but they are a necessary evil.

Post a Comment