Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Good News: Update on Abby and Manny Boy

See how my front leg is all bandaged up so I can't use it?
It was such a relief when Abby finally pooped and peed after getting her dislocated shoulder popped back into place.  Yes, we have such an exciting life!  It happened yesterday afternoon when we took her out.  It is such a production to wrap the bandage in Suran wrap to keep it clean and dry and then get the sling on her so we can give her support to help her stand and walk.  She really is not supposed to walk at all, only to do her business and then right back inside.  Gerard said she's not going to poop just standing around, she has to move!  Apparently, he was right. 

This is a two-person job so I am using some personal time off from work.  Fortunately my bosses approved my leaving at 2:30 every day for the next 5 weeks which is the estimated time we were given that it would take for Abby to recover from this.


It makes me so happy to watch our cat, Manny Boy eat again too!  It seems our vet nailed the problem:  dehydration and feeling nauseous.  The two hours at the vet on Monday seems to have paid off.  They gave him fluids, an injection to relieve his nausea and a little pill to stimulate his appetite.  They sent me home with some special wet critical nutrition food too and told me to try that if he wouldn't eat his regular thyroid food.  He really gobbled up the critical nutrition food--2 tablespoons.  We had a nice relaxing time together on the couch while he digested it.  Today he was back to eating his normal food!


Share this:

2 comments:

Summer said...

That is great news! I'm so happy Abby and Manny are on the mend.

Sandee said...

I'm glad things are working out for you right now. You being there to help in the afternoon is a good thing.

Have a fabulous day. Scritches to all your babies. ☺

Post a Comment