Friday, May 17, 2013

6 Friday Fragments (news, sports, books, life, gifts, funny)


Friday Fragments is hosted my Half-Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post. Here we go:

Bruins

My husband learned to never go to bed early while the Bruins are playing. They were down 4-1 under 10 minutes to go, in game 7 of the playoff round. He thought (1) the Bruins had no chance, (2) was disgusted, (3) had to get up at 4:15 a.m. so missed their amazing comeback to win in overtime 5-4! He was so happy!!!

 

Missing Children

Three girls were found alive a decade later that were held captive in a house that is on a street that my bus passes. There were lots of cars around, gawkers taking pictures of the house where they were found. Our Pastor mentioned on Sunday that there are 92 missing children in Cleveland! Here is a link to a news article with more detail if interest: Police: Amanda Barry, Gina DeJesus Found Alive.


A Page-Turner

I was reading Lisa Gardner's thriller, Touch and Go yesterday in the library garden on my lunch hour. I got so absorbed in it that I forgot to check the time and got back late! It was such a beautiful day I just lost track of the time. Oh well, that's what personal time is for.  The link will take you to our reviews--this is one that my husband and I both loved!

Good Things

7 a.m. Wednesday sky on my way to work-beautiful day!
Last week I posted about things going wrong and not working, but then I also made a list of nine things that are going well! Just wanted to let you know, there are good things happening too.

(1) Get to go to an Indians game for free during work Monday;

(2) My Twitter account has been re-instated,

(3) we got our G-tech vacuum cleaner replaced,

(4) Will be getting a $50 cashback bonus from Discover Card,

(5) got two gift cards ($25 Walmart and a $50 Target),

(6) got computer speakers now at work so can hear my email notification sound,

(7) both our baseball teams are doing well and the Bruins are still in the playoffs,

(8) we are feeling well, enjoying our new porch furniture,

(9) loving the warm sunny days we had lately!

(If you missed my post about my Twitter account being suspended, it's my v-log post:  What Bothered Me This Week?)

Mother's Day Gift

My Mother's Day gift arrived: an Indians Jersey with my name on the back with a sweet card from my wonderful husband!

Funniest Post

I have to share the funniest post of the week with you that I found over at The Junk Drawer: All That and a Bag of Chips.

Share this:

5 comments:

Sandee said...

Touch and Go was indeed an excellent read. I couldn't put it down either. Awesome book.

I see you got lots of things working again. Good for you.

Have a terrific day Karen. :)

Doreen McGettigan said...

I am so glad your Twitter account has been reactivated! Twitter sure is tough to figure out, I cannot follow anyone else, until 300 more people follow me. So silly.
What a crazy story that is about those poor girls. There are so many people missing that we never hear about. So scary...
Have a blessed weekend!

Kara said...

I've definitely learned to be careful and watch my time if I pick up a book on my lunch break. Far too often do I get involved and forget the time! So I have to limit myself on when to turn on my Kindle. Ah, the life of a bookworm. Such dilemma's we get into! ;)

Unknown said...

Sometimes it's so easy to get lost in a good book. Sounds like you had a pretty good week! Have a fabulous day.

nancygrayce said...

Crazy to think you passed by on the bus....think of all the people who passed by never knowing anything was amiss!

That sounds like a good book, I'm going to look at it and maybe read! Thanks!

Lovely to put the good things out there too...I need to remember to do that when I'm feeling down.

Have a good week!

Post a Comment