Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sunday Sharing: Perseverance, Courage and Commitment

I was reading Acts 12-15 this week and for my highlight, I choose Acts 14:4-5:

The people of Iconium did not know what to think.  Some believed the Jewish group and others believed the apostles.  Finally, some Gentiles and Jews together with their leaders, decided to make trouble for Paul and Barnabas and to stone them to death.

(Contemporary English Version)
Paul and Barnabas were stoned in Iconium and left for dead; however, they were still alive and moved on to Lystra.  They kept on preaching about Jesus and more and more people kept believing.  They had great courage and never gave up.  Later though, they even had the courage to return to Iconium to check up on the believers to see how they were doing and encourage them to remain strong in their faith!

Their faith in Jesus and their commitment to follow his last instructions to them to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost was so strong that they were willing to die for it! 

I am so humbled when I compare myself to the apostles.  I do not talk about Jesus everywhere I go like they did even though they were often threatened and persecuted for doing so and I am not.  Reading this makes me realize I need to be more outgoing and share the Good News about Jesus to those who I come in contact with who do not yet know him.  I encourage all my readers to get into the Holy Bible, God's Word, and get to really know the only true God you loves you so much! 

I wish you all a good week and hope you will share in the comments a highlight from scripture you came across this week!  Feel free to comment on what I wrote as well.

Photo credit:  Mike Solomon (our photographer)
Happy Mother's Day!  I suggest you get a picture taken of you and your mom while you still can.  I have none with just my mom and me except for when I was a baby.  Kind of sad. 

Share this:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good information. Lucky me I recently found your blog by chance
(stumbleupon). I've book marked it for later!

my blog - Pur Essence

Sandee said...

I've pictures with my mom. I sure miss her too. She was awesome and then some.

Have a terrific day. :)

Post a Comment