Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday Sharing: We All Need Encouragement

When reading through Acts this week, I chose my highlight of the week from Acts 18:9-10 which says:

One night, Paul had a vision and in it the Lord said, "Don't be afraid to keep on preaching.  Don't stop!  I am with you, and you won't be harmed.  Many people in this city belong to me.  [City of Corinth]   (Contemporary English Version)
What a "shot in the arm" that must have been for Paul.  Even he needed encouragement and God was there to give it to him! 

I think everyone needs encouragement sometimes and Tuesday, I looked for some.  My biggest concern is how will my husband and I manage in the future, having no children to help us out in our old age.  Will we have enough money to live on?  Will all our money wind up paying for a nursing home?  I'm sure I am not the only one who has this concern; however, that does not make me feel any better.  But here is a verse that I find very encouraging and comforting that puts my mind at ease:

I will still be the same when you are old and gray, and I will take care of you.  I created you.  I will carry you and always keep you safe. --Proverbs 46:4
I don't know what my future holds, but God does and I know Him!   I hope you know Him too and will share a highlight from scripture that you came across this week with us in the comments.  Or, feel free to comment on this post. 

Share this:

2 comments:

Sandee said...

Yes we all need encouragement from time to time, and we sure don't know what our future holds for us either.

Have a blessed Sunday. :)

Kara said...

Encouragement is always needed no matter who you are! We all certainly have our down moments. I'm sure even Paul did also. The little note I received last week was such a sweet moment. I really need to do better at sending notes and cards to people "just because". :)

Thanks for that second verse! I need reminding of that so often. Being unmarried, I have the same concerns as you and that verse is so comforting.

Post a Comment