Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Hodgepodge Wednesday

1. Howdy Hodgepodgers. It's kind of fun to be back, isn't it?  Last time we met was September, 2018. Tell me something big-important-happy-or sad that's happened in your life since that date. Just one thing. We don't know how long this current isolation situation is going to last and we might need to dole out our news bit by bit.

Our wonderful dog, Abby passed over the Rainbow Bridge May 20, 2019 and we got another dog, Roxy, from a shelter on August 10, 2019.  It was a huge decision because my husband absolutely wanted another dog but I did not.  I wanted to be able to be free to go places anytime when I retired Dec. 16, 2019.  I gave in though and not only got a dog, but a 66 lb. Siberian Husky mix!
Abby

Roxy










2. Might as well get this out of the way early on...COVID-19. On a scale of 1-5 how serious are you about keeping your distance? Explain. fyi-I didn't create the scale but have seen it several places online. Also fyi-we won't only have virus related questions each week, but for this first one it feels right.

1-Not at all, living normally
2-Cautious but still going out
3-Going out as needed, mostly home or working from home, still seeing friends/family
4-Extremely limited, only going out when unavoidable, minimal contact with people
5-Full lockdown, no one in or out

We doing #4.  Walking the dog, getting groceries as needed (not hoarding them like some) and going through drive-thrus for fast food on occasion.  Both my hubby and I are over 60. At home we are watching TV, doing exercise videos and playing games (see previous posts for our latest games played).

3. Raise your hand if you think you might run out of steam in the cooking department before it's all said and done? What's something delicious you've cooked or eaten in your own kitchen in the past week?

Not cooking.  Using microwave and toaster oven.  Liked my tuna fish sandwich the other day and today we used a 2 for $5 coupon for beef and chedder sandwiches.  Haven't had them in a very long time and they tasted delicious!

4. What's a television show or movie you've seen recently (it could be an oldie) that you really liked?

My TV shows I like are All American, The Biggest Loser, Survivor, The Rookie, The Wall, When Calls the Heart and a movie I saw this week that I enjoyed very much was Parts 1 and 2 of The Princess Diaries.

5. Share something funny you've seen or heard this week.

The movie, The Princess Diaries, made me laugh out loud!

6. Insert your own random thought here.


I wish people would stop hoarding paper products and groceries and just buy like normal what they need for that week.  The last two weeks our Giant Eagle has been completely out of toilet paper and liquid antibacterial hand soap.


Share this:

4 comments:

ellen b. said...

It's nice to be visiting hodgepodgers again. Very helpful in this isolation time. It really is strange to see what people are choosing to hoard and what shelves are empty at the stores. Happy retirement to you! Stay safe and keep the Faith!

Sue said...

Enjoy your new Pup, and your retirement! I haven't figured out why people were hoarding toilet paper and paper towels.
Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Joyce said...

We like the Biggest Loser too and were happy to see it return. I feel like they've made some changes to hopefully make the new lifestyle more attainable once the contestants are back home. Thanks for joining in today! Stay well!

WW said...

I am a big microwaver, too. I usually only eat frozen meals. Though I have branched out and added a weekly salad. I learned last week, when I didn't have a salad, I actually miss it now.
One of my co workers said they are doing curbside from a local restaurant once a week just to support them. I like that idea, but I'm poor and don't have a car, so I don't eat at restaurants unless I go out with someone, which won't be happening for awhile.

Post a Comment