Friday, April 1, 2016

Time For a Stove and Time to Retire!

I told my husband this morning that I think we should maybe get a stove.  From time to time I feel like it would be nice to actually bake a cake or be able to get one of those big frozen pizzas and just bake it to save some money.  We got rid of our stove a long time ago.  (See related post:  Living With No Stove--A Good Decision)  Only problem is how would we keep our cats off of it?

My husband retired at 62 and I am planning on following in his footsteps.  I've been thinking that I don't want to work for full benefits (age 66) and then find out there is no money left to pay me or get sick and not be able to enjoy my free time off.  It really shook me up to hear of one of my former bosses who just retired the end of last year now has pancreatic cancer, stage 4, and has been told they expect she has only a few months left to live.  I find this extremely sad.  Life is short and I think I could live nicely without the added stress of a full-time job.  I could do volunteer work and enjoy time with my husband and our pets.  So, I plan to retire the end of May, yea!

April fool!  Although it is true sometimes I get the urge to bake something, we are not getting a stove, not yet anyway.  The urges are short and far between!  It is also true I have been thinking about retirement.  I am actually struggling with the decision of what would be best and the thoughts mentioned above have certainly been on my mind lately.  However, for now, I am still planning to continue working full-time because most days I like my job and the pay is good, but it was a good April fool joke I used on my bosses and a few of my co-workers today.

Did you fool anyone today or were you fooled by someone?  Hope you had an April fool laugh today!

Share this:

2 comments:

Sandee said...

I got fooled by one yesterday. She put on Facebook that it was her birthday so I sang her happy birthday and had the cake. It wasn't her birthday. I laughed.

Don't work a day longer than you have to. It is stressful even if you don't think it is.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

Lin said...

Well, I don't know about the stove, but retirement does sound like a lovely idea. You had me fooled!

Nobody else pulled any April fool's jokes, thank goodness, because I am gullible and will fall for anything.

Post a Comment