Monday, February 22, 2016

National Dog Walking Day


This is one of Abby's favorite days--National Dog Walking Day! Our do loves to go for walks in all kinds of weather and my husband is very good about picking up her poop. He always brings along an extra bag just in case because sometimes she poops more than once during her walk. What is very nasty though is when people do not pick up their dogs poop and leave it for others to step in, other animals to eat it or just being ugly to look at. It is especially inconsiderate to not clean it up when it's in someone's yard! You can go to dogscantflush.org to get a small free yard sign to remind your neighbors that they need to clean up after their dog, especially in your yard.  So be responsible and enjoy your dog walk and let others enjoy it too by picking up the poop.

Abby approves this message, Woof!  Woof!  By doing this, more people will enjoy dogs.
This way, dad.
 Share this:

3 comments:

Sandee said...

There are people that will not pick up after their dog, but will sure make sure you pick up after your dog, especially if you are near their property. Bless their hearts.

Have a fabulous day. Scritches to the babies. ☺

Summer said...

My human hates it when people don't pick up after their dog. Since I am leash-trained, sometimes my human takes me for walks - AND she has picked up after me (okay, it was only once), and I'm a kitty!

Lin said...

Good message today, Abby!

I hate it when people walk their dogs by my house and let them poop in my yard without picking it up. It never fails---Joe is the one who steps in it. All. The. Time. I try not to laugh, but it is sort of funny.

Post a Comment