Tuesday, August 10, 2021

"My Second Gotcha Day" by Roxy

before I was adopted--at the shelter


Me Today after Getting My Teeth Brushed

I've been with Karen and Gerard for 2 years now and am six years old.  I've come a long way since I first arrived.  I don't bust through screens anymore.  I can stay home alone without chewing things or getting into trouble.  I do not have to be crated, yay!  I don't jump on the door as often when they come back home.  I usually pass other dogs on the street without tugging on the leash to get to them.  I usually wait for permission before chasing squirrels.  

Today is was very rainy and thunder boomers came during my morning walk, but we took shelter on someone's porch that was very nice and dry.  The lady didn't seem to mind and even offered to drive us home the rest of the way, but we waited it out.  It only rained for about 15 or 20 minutes.  We have lots of nice people that live around us!  Just the other day when we got caught in a rain shower one street away, a lady loaned us her umbrella.  

I had a good "gotcha" day in spite of the rain because Karen and Gerard did not go to play pickleball like they usually do.  I had Gerard all day and Karen most of the day except when she went to the gym.  When she came back, she had ice cream sundaes from McDonald's and I had a Dogster ice cream.  For supper, Karen included a bacon treat as a surprise for me.  

I am happy with my home and so glad they adopted me!  They usually let me have the couch or the chair by the window.  (I do still bark at other dogs that go by and of course, the mailman.)  Oh yeah, and I like my new name better too!  There are still lots of dogs in shelters.  Maybe you could rescue one?  Woof!  Woof!  

Share this:

2 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Gotcha Day sweet Roxy! I'm sure glad you enjoyed your special day!

Summer said...

Happy gotcha day, Roxy!

Post a Comment