Friday, March 26, 2021

First Thing I Thought of When I Woke Up This Morning



I was sleeping soundly until I heard a rumble outside.  I leaped out of bed at 4:50 a.m. (I normally get up at 5 a.m. anyway) and looked out my bedroom window to confirm what I thought.  Sure enough, our garbage can was being blown down the driveway!  My only thought was to get dressed as fast as possible and get those cans into the garage before all the garbage is blown all over.  We had winds up to 25 m.p.h.  I knew it was going to get windy by morning, but forgot to get the cans in.  I think it only took me five minutes to get dressed and was happy to find it was 61 degrees and all the garbage was still inside the cans!  What a great way to start the day--really got my blood pumping!

Participating in Writer's Workshop

Share this:

2 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

We're pretty lucky, our trashed doesn't get picked up until late in the day.

KatBouska said...

How fun to see you pop back into a Writer's Workshop! This post is so relatable, sometimes a little shot of adrenaline is even better than caffeine!

Post a Comment