Friday, June 12, 2015

Strange Things: Odd Houses in Our Neighborhood

On our morning dog walk, we pass a couple unusual houses.  I enjoy looking at different houses and thought our readers might like seeing these as well.

The first is missing a front door and reminds me a little of a castle because of the style of the windows:


 It looks to me like a modern addition was built on top of an old looking bottom part.  The door is actually on the side:

You can see steps on the side of the house that lead up to a side door.  I like how the driveway curves around it too.  I think it looks really cool.
This is on a main street set pretty far back from the street, farther back than other homes on this street.

Another odd one we see is one that has the garage in front of the house instead of behind it:
Wonder why they have that railroad crossing sign by their drive right in front.  I think this is a strange arrangement.

Do you have any strange or odd looking houses in your neighborhood?



Share this:

4 comments:

Lin said...

Ohhhh yeah. That is why I call this place Weirdville. I always say "just because you can, doesn't mean you should." There are far too many people building homes and adding additions without the keen eye of an architect. It is very obvious when folks do use one. They are not cheap, but they are well worth the investment.

That castle house is a perfect example of my saying. Gosh, that is ugly.

BeadedTail said...

What an odd house! Wonder what's in that room with those windows all along the wall. The deck on top is kinda neat though! We have a homeowners association who makes sure nothing funky goes on in our neighborhood as far as architecture or colors but I've seen many houses around town that you wonder what people were thinking!

Karen and Gerard said...

Maybe they were just going for something different?

Gattina said...

The first house looks very nice, but a garage in the front of the house is not so nice !

Post a Comment