San FranciscoAt the Creative Junkie I came across a post about her trip to San Francisco which shows all the hills. I never knew that city was so hilly. Lombard Street was crooked and hilly! Great pictures and commentary!
Youth In Foster Care
In the PARMA SUN POST I read an article, "Remember foster teens, too with your holiday donations." It said that almost half of children waiting to a permanent adopted home are 12 or older and that the majority of gifts donated are toys and games for younger children. It suggested that gift cards from Wal-Mart, Target or Best buy are good gifts to donate for teens. The Adoption Network Cleveland distributes gift cards to teens in foster care all year round. To donate, email the outreach coordinator, Robin.Ott@AdoptionNetwork.org.
This week I learned that when I load videos to YouTube I can add music to it by clicking on edit and the "audio swap" tab. A list of songs comes up with the time so you can choose a song close to the length of the video. The first time I used this was with the cat video I just posted this week playing with the laser beam toy.
At Beaded Tail's Tax Tip post yesterday, I learned that some communities have thrift stores that sell items to help support charities. I never knew this. I also found out there that "CPA" stands for Cats' Personal Assistant.
Gerard read 58 books and I read 67 books in 2009. We'll each post our favorite 12 next week.
2009 Resolution Evaluation
In reviewing our resolutions we made last year I learned that we did pretty good on keeping them. Guess it is worthwhile to do.
Gerard's resolutions for 2009:
Win at least one set of tennis from Karen. (This didn't happen, he did win some games though.)
Don't break anything when cleaning. (accomplished)
Don't take losses by my teams so hard. (accomplished)
Maintain good health. (accomplished)
Spend less money. (Nope, think this stayed about the same and maybe even spent more!)
Karen's resolutions for 2009:
Be a blessing to someone each day. (Didn't do every day but definitely was a blessing to many.)
Grow closer to God. (Well, I sure exercised my faith more than ever before.)
Get in shape. (accomplished)
Here were the "smart goals" I made for 2009 (measurable, simple, obtainable, time-bound)
1) Take the stairs between floors at work rather than the elevator. (Did this all the time)
2) Read at least 50 books again this year. (accomplished!)
3) Do not spend any more on any marketing endeavor for my book. (accomplished!)
4) Keep on learning new things and continue to post them weekly every Friday on this blog. (accomplished!)
5) Continue to write down the sweet things Gerard does. (accomplished!)
6) Install CommentLuv on my blogs. (I tried but it didn't work, gave me a headache and too much aggravation so I gave up.)
7) Join that gym and actually go 2-3 times a week. (50/50 I joined but only went about once a week--that's why now I have all the exercise stuff I need at home so I don't need to go to the gym and pay $12 per month and more for a trainer)
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OUR READERS!
For more Friday Fragments or to hook up your fragment post, go to Half-Past Kissin' time.