Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Prayer Box Is Full--Praise The Lord!

See that picture filled with all those little scraps of paper? Those are all my answered prayers! It is so encouraging to see how God has come through in the past. I started using this system a few years ago and now I will make the first dump into a bigger box. The box next to it has my current prayer requests. As I pray about something new, I write it on a small slip of paper and put it into this box. Then when I get an answer, I jot down the date on the paper, fold it up and drop it into my answered prayer box.

My latest answer is for Yaya to be able to adopt Alex and according to her blog, it looks like it will happen. I'm still praying that the details will all be worked out without and further complications.

I like this better than a prayer list because I don't have to keep going back to hunt for the current requests. Plus, I think it makes for a more visual record. I came across this idea when reading Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I also share this idea with my Sunday School classes. Maybe you would like to use it too--feel free.

I first shared this idea on my other blog in March of 2008: Pray Without Ceasing

Tweet This

Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard Zemek

8 comments:

Karen said...

How wonderful to have saved proof of answered prayers. I know I have a lot that have been answered but probably don't remember them all. You have given me such a good idea.

Homestay Mama said...

What a wonderful idea! I'm going to make some prayer boxes, too!

Unknown said...

A prayer box is a great way to organize prayers. Stopping by from SITS!

The Silver Age Sara said...

What a great idea. I've been using a journal instead of a box writing on one page and leaving the other blank and then going back but I love your idea of a prayer box.
By the way, the New Year's poem on your sidebar is just fantastic. I'm going to read it every day.

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Karen, Homestead Mama, JD's Mom: It works well for me, glad you like the idea!

Mountain Woman: Glad you like my New Year's poem. I wonder how many bother looking at my sidebars--I have lots of good stuff there! I used to use a journal, but like this method much, much better.

Mrs4444 said...

This is a great idea :)

Brooklyn Book Lover said...

I had a prayer box. It seems that anything I put in there was NOT answered. I still have the box but it is now empty. :-(
After reading your blog I think I may start again. Your positive attitude has given me inspiration. :-)

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Brooklyn Book Lover: Some answers took some time. Glad to be encouraging to you and hope your prayers are answered. Sometimes remember, it's not always the answer we want.

Post a Comment