Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Best Part Of Winter (Writer's Workshop)

I Love Sledding!

I hate the cold and don’t like snow,
But one thing’s good, don’t you know?
I love sledding, it’s so much fun!
Especially going with someone!

Bundle up and get a sled,
Then think and use your head.
Who would like some fun too?
Oh, Gerard would, that makes two!

Here we go down the hill,
Leaning and yelling in spite of the chill!
Whoosh, Whee! Shouts of glee!
All clear without any tree!

On the golf course you and me,
Creating a fun memory,
We look forward to going again,
Although we don’t know when.

Let’s leave our home to have some fun,
After the cleaning has all been done!
I love sledding, it’s not so dumb,
I even got Gerard to come!

Yes, Gerard did come with me!
In spite of his crashing into a tree,
When his loving sister steered,
Long ago and now he feared!

Sledding safety tip—If you are heading for a tree or a creek—roll off the sled BEFORE arriving! If more than one person is on the sled, each should roll off on different sides so you don’t accidentally hurt the other person with a kick, a poke or landing on them awkwardly.

Related post with video: Fun In Snow--Tobbogganing/sledding

This is part of Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop prompt to write a poem about the 7th picture from last January. (Oh well, this picture was last February but I figure it's close enough.)

Tweet This

Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard Zemek

14 comments:

Yaya' s Home said...

Oh, this looks like so much fun! I wanted to get right in there with you. Stay warm.

~ Yaya
Yaya's Changing World

Amanda said...

I hate snow too....but sledding can be fun, or building a snow man!

Jenners said...

Love it! And thanks for the tip -- I'm sure I'll use it when I take up sledding again with my little one!

Anonymous said...

I love your poem - we're hoping to get enought o go sledding! Have a snow-rific day!

Jayde said...

Great poem! I haven't been sledding in a long time!

Anonymous said...

Oh fun!

Melissa aka Equidae said...

ahhh if only i could try that just once....sigh... passing from Mamakat

The Silver Age Sara said...

Karen,
That was so clever and fun to read. I enjoyed myself. I also love to sled. Best part of winter.

Alison said...

Aww...I love snow! We rarely get any here in NC! You could send some to us! Thanks for visiting my blog! Happy SITS Saturday!

Sandra said...

tHANK YOU FOR coming over to my blog!!!

I love BLURB!!! i have two book I made through them of my blog!!!

Awesome!!!!!

Karen and Gerard said...

Yaya: You are welcome to join us!

Amanda: I like sledding but am no good at building snowmen. My husband and I tried building one once in our front yard and it was pathetic. Maybe the snow wasn't wet enough. That would be a funny video, maybe we should try again.

Jenners: Have fun and be safe!

Bluecottonmemory: I really wanted to go yesterday, but it was just too cold. We have lots of snow though so maybe it'll still be here next Saturday.

Jayde: Thanks! You should go!

Melissa: Maybe some day, who knows?

Mountain Woman: If we go this winter, we're thinking of taking Abby along--she loves the snow!

Allison: I'd be happy to send you some snow if I could. Maybe we could just trade places for a few days?

Saundra: Your blog is great! That's so cool you made two books from it already!

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness! You're so good at that. I rarely attempt to write poems because I feel like it would be pointless. :)

Katrina said...

You were right thinking I would love this poem! I do love it. :)
Sledding is so much fun.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

Michelle said...

Cute poem! And thanks for the safety tip...who knew?

Post a Comment