Here is a list of ten things that both Gerard and I do to fight off boredom:
10. Rearrange furniture, our drawers, or a closet.
9. Pull some weeds in the warm seasons or knock down icicles from the gutters in the winter.
8. Watch a good movie (Hallmark and Lifetime channels), show (Friday Night Lights, The Bachelor, Survivor, The Biggest Loser) or sporting event on TV (football, basketball, hockey, baseball).
7. Read comments and participate in on-line forums at Cleveland.com, Shelfari, Book Blogs, Readers & Authors and My Space.
6. Go to the zoo.
5. Read a book (What have you read lately?).
4. Blog: Explore new blogs, write a blog post or make an entertaining video.
2. Go play tennis.
and, of course,
1. Play with our cats or take the dog for a walk or to the park.
Which of these do you do? Any other suggestions? For a laugh, check out the list of things my dad used to do to keep from being bored at my other blog: "My Funny Dad, Harry." I bet that will give you some new ideas of things to do.
This post has been brought to you by Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop. Head over there to find more or join in yourself.
Letters from Dad: #24
2 days ago