Sunday, January 31, 2010

Our Favorite Books We Read In January 2010


Gerard's Favorite:

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


A Wonderful Book!
There are only a handful of books you read that your are going to remember years later and this is one of them. I LOVED this book! It goes fast and is almost impossible to put down! It tells the story of Liesel Meminger, who loved to read books, but that is just one part of the story. There are so many story lines in The Book Thief that keep your interest. Just read this book, enjoy the story. It captures the human spirit that I hope is in all of us!

Thank you, Jenny Mac at "Let's Have A Cocktail" for recommending this book to us. Karen is reading it now.

Karen's Favorite:

The Hope Chest by Wanda E. Brunstetter

I enjoyed The Hope Chest by Wanda E. Brunstetter about an Amish family whose eldest daughter left the faith to marry an Amish man who chose to leave the Amish community because he liked the modern things. An Amish man wanted to court her but she kept putting him off and encouraged him to court her younger sister instead who she felt was a better match for him. Her younger sister, Rachel, a tomboy who climbed trees and liked bird watching, actually did hope to marry him some day. Of the three books in the "Brides of Lancaster" series, I liked this one best. It wasn't as depressing as the others I liked the main characters better in this one too. It's a light, quick read.

Read more: What We've Just Read

Tweet This

Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard Zemek

5 comments:

The Silver Age Sara said...

I'm headed off to find the books now. I always enjoy your book reviews.

Katinka said...

Stopping by from SITS and wishing you a great week!!!

Helene said...

Both of those sound like great books!!! I wish there was more time in the day to read all the books I've got on my list!

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Mountain Woman: Glad you enjoy our reviews.

Helene: I know what you mean. If I was home all day, I'd probably read much less. I notice on the weekends I don't hardly get any reading in. I mostly read on the bus to and from work and at lunch and on breaks. Gerard always tries to read 50 pages a day.

baby names said...

Included is a list of only the best sorcery fantasy books, grade reading level and a short review of each book.

Post a Comment