Last year was an excellent reading year for me! I read 58 books which I am proud of. Most were very enjoyable and to pick just 12 for the best ones was hard. I went back and forth on my choices, but here is a list of my final top favorites for 2009 (Each are linked to my previous book reviews):
1. Pack of Two by Caroline Knapp
about an owner and her relationship with her dog and other owners and their relationship with their dogs.
2. Horse Soldiers by Doug Stanton
about special forces in Afghanistan--nonfiction.
3. Boy In the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne about the Holocaust but fiction.
4. Last Stand of Fox company by Bob Duran and Tom Clavin about a group of Marines in the Korean war.
5. Public Enemies by Bryan Burrough about criminals and the beginning of the FBI--nonfiction.
6. Columbine by Dave Cullen about the shooting spree at Columbine High School--nonfiction.
7. When The Game Was Ours by Jackie MacMullan about basketball players Larry Bird and Magic Johnson-nonfiction.
8. Life's That Way by Jim Beaver about a husband dealing with his wife who has cancer--nonfiction.
9. First Fall Classic by Mike Vaccaro about the beginning of a baseball league--nonfiction.
10. A Dog's Life--Autobiography of a Stray by Ann Martin about a stray dog told from the dog's point of view. Karen liked this one too!
11. Adventures With Ari by Kathryn Miles)about her, her dog and nature--nonfiction.
12. The Unlikely disciple by Kevin Roose about a college boy at Brown University transferring to Liberty University to see what Evangelicals were really like--nonfiction.
Your comments are welcome. I'd be interested to know if any of you read any of these that I recommended and what books you liked best that you read last year. As you can see from the above list, I like nonfiction books best.
Have a blessed and Happy New Year!
Pain Free Prayer
2 days ago