Here is a list of some things he says he will not miss:
1) Driving to and from work every day, especially in bad weather.
2) Eating lunch and taking breaks only at specific times each day.
3) Being stuck inside on nice days.
4) Getting so dirty every day and all the heavy lifting.
5) Listening to the same radio station all day long Monday through Friday.
Here is a list of some things he looks forward to:
1) Not having to juggle the cars back and forth and leaving one out in the drive all night. We got a $5,509 check Thursday for selling our KIA to save on insurance and repairs.
2) Being home with the pets more, especially Abby Dabby Doo and taking her for an extra walk each day.
3) Not having to rush to get all his housework done.
4) Having more time in the spring and summer to work in the yard.
5) Visiting the zoo more often on weekdays and hanging out at the library.
6) Maybe volunteering to be a dog walker for the Parma animal shelter.
7) Being able to stay up later to watch his sports teams when they have night games.
8) Not having to get up at 4:15 a.m. during the week.
I am so happy for him and glad that we are able to manage on just one salary and our savings. It will be nice having him home to run errands or be there when repairmen have to come. It will definitely be nice not hearing him moan when it's time to get up every morning. Since we are now down to just one car, he has agreed to be my helper in my Sunday School class, at least until the weather gets nice again when he may choose to walk home earlier. But for now, I'm glad to have him!
HAPPY RETIREMENT, GERARD! I LOOK FORWARD TO THE DAY I CAN JOIN YOU!