Friday, October 3, 2008

What I learned this Week-Part 4

My bus driver works 12-hour days! Whew, I only work a 7.5 hour day. No wonder bus drivers get grumpy easily!

When washing hands to get rid of the germs, we should turn the faucet off using a paper towel so we don't pick up more right away. I found this bit of wisdom from The Cleveland Plain Dealer (Oct. 1).

Here's a great site I came across through work that has lots of interesting and helpful articles dealing with family, health and life in general: www.lifeworks.com. One of the tidbits I picked up is that healthy food is usually around the perimeter of the grocery stores. When I thought about, it's true, at least for our Giant Eagle.

Did you know October is . . .Minister Appreciation month, National Work and Family month, Breast Cancer Awareness month, and Adopt a Shelter Dog month?
Out of the above list, I was only aware of the first one until this week. I never realized October was so popular!

I learned that when teaching guide dogs to come, they are taught to go between the person's legs so the blind person knows they are there. I never thought about that before reading this at Practicing Come at http://maayangordon.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate turning on faucets in a public rest room. I will now take some tissue with me when I go to wash my hands.

Karen and Gerard said...

Sarah, thanks for leaving your first comment and glad to know you like my blog. That's always nice to hear!

Post a Comment