1) I finally tried peanut butter mixed into my oatmeal this morning--Umm, Umm, Good! I found this suggestion several months ago on The Peanut butter Blog but didn't try it until Tuesday of this week.
2) The Christian fiction author, Karen Kingsbury, used to be a sports reporter and has wrote MANY books. Her website is www.KarenKingsbury.com if you'd like to see all the books she's written and get recommendations from her readers.
3) I learned from visiting Chica and Pumuckl's blog at Two Egyptian Cats in Germany the Neuschwanstein Castle was the inspiration for the Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Park and for the Cinderella Castles at the Magic Kingdom and Tokyo Disneyland. I thought that was interesting and enjoyed taking the tour of the castle with Chica and Pumuckl.
4) I learned the story of Adam and Eve's pets from Comedy Plus--it's very funny! You should go take a look.
5) In talking with one of my bosses this week, I learned that Israel is very big on technology. I always just thought of it as a barren country big on religion but they are big on education and high technology!
6) Through the Beth Moore Bible study, "Living Beyond Yourself" on the fruit of the spirit, this week was faith. I learned that to keep our faith steady and firm, we need to base it on who God is and not on what He does because his ways are higher than our ways. Sometimes what is good for us is not always pleasant or easy, but God always makes it beneficial. That was the key point for me. Another point made was that in order for us to come to Him through faith, (which is the way He ordained it to be), he left some things that we can't reason or prove scientifically for then there would be no place for faith! Finally, faith always involves action. (See Hebrews 11 and my more in-depth post about this at http://karen.pnn.com (Parma Heights Baptist Church section).
An Attitude of Gratitude
5 hours ago