Friday, October 31, 2008

6 Things I Learned This Week - Part 8

1) I finally tried peanut butter mixed into my oatmeal this morning--Umm, Umm, Good! I found this suggestion several months ago on The Peanut butter Blog but didn't try it until Tuesday of this week.

2) The Christian fiction author, Karen Kingsbury, used to be a sports reporter and has wrote MANY books. Her website is www.KarenKingsbury.com if you'd like to see all the books she's written and get recommendations from her readers.


3) I learned from visiting Chica and Pumuckl's blog at Two Egyptian Cats in Germany the Neuschwanstein Castle was the inspiration for the Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Park and for the Cinderella Castles at the Magic Kingdom and Tokyo Disneyland. I thought that was interesting and enjoyed taking the tour of the castle with Chica and Pumuckl.


4) I learned the story of Adam and Eve's pets from Comedy Plus--it's very funny! You should go take a look.

5) In talking with one of my bosses this week, I learned that Israel is very big on technology. I always just thought of it as a barren country big on religion but they are big on education and high technology!


6) Through the Beth Moore Bible study, "Living Beyond Yourself" on the fruit of the spirit, this week was faith. I learned that to keep our faith steady and firm, we need to base it on who God is and not on what He does because his ways are higher than our ways. Sometimes what is good for us is not always pleasant or easy, but God always makes it beneficial. That was the key point for me. Another point made was that in order for us to come to Him through faith, (which is the way He ordained it to be), he left some things that we can't reason or prove scientifically for then there would be no place for faith! Finally, faith always involves action. (See Hebrews 11 and my more in-depth post about this at http://karen.pnn.com (Parma Heights Baptist Church section).

10 comments:

Samantha & Mom said...

Those are some great things you learned this week! Chica and Pumuckl's blog is the Bomb and we laughed out loud at The story of Adam and Eve's Pets!! Cat's Rule!!
Hi Spunky Doodle and Manny!! Have a Happy Halloween!
Your FL furiends,

Anonymous said...

What wonderful things you've learned this week. I've never thought of peanut butter in oatmeal, but I'm going to try it too.
I've given you an award because I enjoy visiting your blog- you can pick it up at http://blog.werelivingwell.com
Hope you have a great Halloween and weekend!
Chris

Sandee said...

Thanks for the shout out. I'm glad you like Adam and Eve's pet story. Have a great day and weekend. :)

Karen and Gerard said...

Glad you all liked my post! Thanks for the award Chris!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I know this comment is out of topic (lol), there's no other way I can post my response to your comment in my blog.

Anyway, I'm a big/HUGE fan of the Patriots and it's nice to hear that you're rooting for them too :-)

Thanks for the visit ;-)

The Silver Age Sara said...

That's an interesting list. I'm going to try the peanut butter with oatmeal. It does sound good.

Anonymous said...

I also believe that a sealed faith requires action. Whether it's faith in God or faith in your partner.

"Sometimes what is good for us is not always pleasant or easy, but God always makes it beneficial."

- This line is true. I've experienced this a lot of times and I always let Him help me get through with it. Yes, there were times that I never get to see the point of all those things that had happened to me, but looking at what I have right now answers all those questions. He truly knows what is best for us, just don't lose faith that He's the ultimate boss. :)

Jaya said...

I'm going to have to try that
peanut butter in the oatmeal
thing. I already put almond
slivers and walnuts or pecans
in my oatmeal, so I'll most
likely enjoy the peanut butter
too. Mmmmm... and just in the
past couple of months I have
begun eating oatmeal on a
regular basis.

Memo to self: buy peanut butter

Lucky Girl said...

Sounds like you had a terrific week. Thanks for sharing the Joy of peanut butter!

Anonymous said...

Last month I did Beth Moore's Breaking Free. It was so good I did it twice.

Think about joining us Friday for Fruit of the Spirit Friday.

Post a Comment