Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Sunday Surprise From My Mancat, Manny


Today was the first time EVER that my newest cat, Manny, actually laid on me AND let me pet him for about a good 15 minutes without squealing or squawking! He made me so happy! (See my big smile?) Oh, I couldn't believe it! Spunky lays with me on the bed at night and lets me pet her but never during the day when I'm fully awake. I was laying on the couch watching the Tennessee-Baltimore game and near the end, Manny got off the cat tree and walked over to me! Then he actually laid down on my legs but close enough for me to reach him. I was so excited that I didn't even yell at the Titans to score again. Although they won the game, they didn't beat the spread so I lost on that pick this week, but with Manny on me, he kept me calm. I hope he does it again. I gave him four Temptation treats hoping that will encourage him to do it again. I'm so glad we are friends after our rough beginning.

I had to cut our time short because I had to go to puppet practice, but I think he would have stayed longer even if I didn't get up. Why is it my cats always wait until I'm about to leave the house before they show me any affection? I think they sense it somehow and time it that way on purpose.

Turns out that was the only game I lost on--just one point more and I would have won, but no! I had Penn State, Carolina Panthers, Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots and the Titans. Phooey! I thought the Titans would roll over Baltimore, guess not.

7 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Isn't it special when kitties choose to lay on us? Hopefully he continues to do so and with receiving Temptations, my bets are that he will!

Karen and Gerard said...

I hope you're right!

LadyJava said...

Aww that is wonderful news.. I'm sure he will do it again esp after the treat he got ;)

The Silver Age Sara said...

Oh my gosh, he is beautiful. You both looks so peaceful together. Makes me wish I had a cat to snuggle with.

Karen and Gerard said...

Mountain Woman--I think you'd love a cat. They are such nice soft and easy to take care of companions. They really grow on you and are lots of fun to play with too!

Anonymous said...

It is nice when cats chose to sit with you like that. We had one cat years ago who became more affectionate as she got older. At first, she would sit on your lap if you had a newspaper there but later on she would just jump on your lap for a sleep.

t3ss4 said...

Hi Karen ^__^ Thanks so much for coming by my blog :) I really appreciate it... specially that you have left some comments :)

Awww... you love cats? I love cats too.. Manny reminds me of our cat here in my parent's office. He's big too... a very naughty and playful cat.

this is off topic, but gosh, you have lots of blogs ^__^ ... it just really shows that you love to write and express your thoughts :)

keep on writing and more power to your book :)

Post a Comment