I am not big on politics but do have some strong feelings regarding Presidential campaigns and the actual election. The following is a short list of things I'd like to see changed:
1. Abolish political parties. The government is supposed to be about the people, not political parties.
2. Give each candidate a set amount of money with which to campaign from taxes. This amount should be equally divided among the candidates. No adding your own funds or other contributions should be permitted.
3. Limit advertisements to just what they would do if elected and just their own credentials. No comment or information at all should be given about their opponent.
4. If they have any political experience, their voting record should be included in their advertising.
5. Finally, I wish the electoral college would be "tossed out the window and into the lake"! I believe the President should be elected based on all the votes, not just representative votes of the states.
I told you it was a short list--what about you? What changes would you like to see?