Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My First Day As An Official Greeter


Sunday was my first day as an official greeter at Parma Heights Baptist Church. I am both excited and honored to greet people at the door as they come to church. I think it's nice to be greeted when I go somewhere and I remember a couple very faithful greeters from my old church. There is quite a crew of greeters at my church because there are six doors and three services on a Sunday morning. We have enough to rotate every three months. All I have to do is be at the door 15-20 minutes before the start of the service. I was assigned two services because one of the greeters couldn't make it. It was fun seeing families arrive and watching kids come with big smiles and anxious to come in.

I hope I will make a good first impression and make everyone feel welcome as they arrive. Do you have greeters at your church?

Please go vote for Spunky if you are on Facebook. This is the last day for voting!

(50 cents per legitimate comment during May goes to Joni and Friends for family retreat scholarships for those having special needs children.)

Share this:

4 comments:

Lin said...

WOW! Look at you! That's nice that you volunteer to be a greeter. I'm sure you are the perfect one to do that. We have them at our church and I have to say, it is nice to have someone welcome you.

Sandee said...

I've not gone to church in years, but there was never any greeters when I did. How nice that your church has greeters.

Have a terrific day. :)

Karen and Gerard said...

Lin: I bet you would be a great greeter!

Sandee: There are so many different types of churches around, even in the same denomination. Maybe you should go on a church hunt--it might be fun and you may actually find one you like.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Karen, you look lovely! I would love to be greeted by you. :)

Post a Comment