Friday, May 4, 2012

4 Things We Learned This Week 19 of 2012 (Delaware, Photobucket, Charity, Contest)



Friday Fragments is hosted my Half-Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post. We like to share what we've learned each week.
  1. Delaware

    Until I started reading Every Secret Thing by Ann Tatlock, I never knew Delaware was the first state and is SO small--only 85 miles lengthwise and 35 miles wide at the southern end and just 8 miles wide just below Wilmington up north!
  2. Photobucket

    UGH! I found out that Photobucket changed the way of making collages and now I don't know how to make new ones for my blog header. This is so annoying! I also had to take down my "How To" video on how to do this because it's out-of-date. I watched the tutorial on their website, but have no idea how to resize it and make it work for my blog. Any help would be much appreciated! At least I can reuse one I've used before.
  3. Operation Shower

    Over at It's Just Life I discovered a new charity that supports military families. Beth will contribute per comment on her blog so please stop by and comment over there too. Here's the link to Operation Shower if you'd like to find out more about it.
  4. Spunky Doodle Needs Your Help


    My cat, Spunky Doodle, would really, really like to win author Lisa Unger's Pet contest and become famous by being included in one of her books but needs your help. Only 3 people have voted for her so far that we know of on Facebook. Please go vote for Spunky if you are on Facebook. You can vote every day through May 9. (If you vote, please let us know in the comments here because it doesn't always show up on Facebook. It would be nice if you would also share it on your page and ask your friends to vote too!

(50 cents per legitimate comment during May goes to Joni and Friends for family retreat scholarships for those having special needs children.)

Share this:

8 comments:

Smellyann said...

I voted for your kitty! Good luck :)

Ann in the UP said...

Go Spunky!!!

Sandee said...

I've not messed around with the new Photobucket features yet. It doesn't sound like they made it easy though.

Have a terrific day. :)

Wayne W Smith said...

I hate when sites change things and not necessarily for the better. It is kind of like blogger.

Keetha Broyles said...

I never have known how to make photo collages, so you are already way ahead of moi!

BeadedTail said...

I don't know how to make photo collages yet so I didn't know about Photobucket's changes. Delaware is pretty tiny! I'll keep trying to vote for Spunky. When I clicked only the blue bar of FB showed up so I must have done something wrong.

Rick (Ratty) said...

It's been so long since I learned about the original states that I forgot that Delaware was the first. I thought I remembered it all until now.

Mrs4444 said...

Is Spunky winning?!

Operation Shower is pretty cool :)

I believe that PicMonkey is Picnik reincarnated. You could try that.

Post a Comment