Friday, May 11, 2012

4 Things We Learned This Week 20 of 2012 (trees, Words, Safety, Post-Its)



Friday Fragments is hosted my Half-Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post. We like to share what we've learned each week.
  1. Trees

    Big trees start out as little sticks. I learned this when I received TEN trees in the mail in one package from arborday.com.
  2. Srabble

    When playing Scrabble on pogo.com this week, I learned that not all "q" words need a "u" after the "q"--"qat" is a word according to pogo. It is a plant, also spelled "khat." A two letter word that is good to know when stuck with the "z" at the end, is "za"--short for pizza.
  3. Smart Phones

    Better turn off that camera setting for location or you can be sharing way too much information when you post it online. I found this video at Jodi's Journey which shows how you can be posting maps to you whereabouts without even knowing it!
  4. Post-Its

    Post-Its are the convenient little papers that have just a little glue on a small part so that they stick to things without causing damage and can easily be removed just by lifting it off. Offices use these all the time but when you work in a warehouse like my husband does, he never knew about these handy things until this week! He really likes them--a great discovery!
(50 cents per legitimate comment during May goes to Joni and Friends for family retreat scholarships for those having special needs children.)

Share this:

9 comments:

Wayne W Smith said...

Thanks for the scrabble tips!

Lin said...

Good Scrabble tips! I'm always looking for big scoring words to beat my one friend, John. I hope he didn't read your post this morning!

Gerard didn't know about Post-its???! Wow! We use them at home too. Silly Gerard. Does he know about white-out?? Hahahaha!

BeadedTail said...

I love Post-its! Glad Gerard finally discovered them! I see people's phone posting their whereabouts on FB and can't believe they'd want everyone to know where they are at all times. I certainly don't!

Beth Zimmerman said...

How awesome that you use comments to drive a charitable donation. Awesome idea!

Qi is a legitimate scrabble word too. No idea what it means!

Keetha Broyles said...

AND Post it notes come in several sizes and lots of colors! I prefer the tiny "neon" colored ones. Have a stack next to me as I blog!!!

Kay said...

I had heard of that photo location thing on phones. Thanks for the reminders. We don't have smart phones yet, but it may be the next upgrade.

I love sticky notes... unfortunately my kids also love sticky notes.

I had no idea there were Q words without the U. I am so terrible at scrabble, it still may not help me much ;-)

Skoots1moM said...

great post!
have a great weekend

Karen said...

When I received my trees from the Arbor Day foundation, I thought it was a joke. They looked so scrawny. Now, those trees are higher than a telephone pole.

Daisy said...

I didn't think anyone in the US hadn't heard of Post-Its before! LOL!

Post a Comment