Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Dream Job

Our first cat, Mr. Moe--we miss him!

My dream job would involve animals, specifically cats.  Over at JUST CATS Deb has established a full-time in-home cat sitting business and has been doing it for 18 years.  She just takes care of the cats in their own homes when their owns travel.  I think this would be such a fun job!  This would not even seem like work to me.   I would love helping people be able to leave their pets at home where they are most comfortable while their owners travel.

There is actually a professional organization called Pet Sitters International!  On their website it gives tips on how to get started and even provides certification!  

I'm sure I would take a huge pay cut and lose my medical insurance so I won't be doing this anytime soon, but it's certainly something to keep in mind for a little extra income when I retire and have free time all day.  I know I would like meeting all different cats!  

What would be your dream job?

(50 cents per legitimate comment during May goes to Joni and Friends for family retreat scholarships for those having special needs children.)

 Share this:

5 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Several friends in urban areas use such pet sitters. One friend had a dog and cat and the pet sitter would come by 3 times a day to check on the house, let the dog in the fenced yard and feed.
There's a series of cozy mysteries that are "written" by a Florida pet sitter...cute books although I cannot remember the name.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

I'd definitely hire you!

We have left our pets home when we've been on vacation; a friend stopped in everyday, and it was priceless. I think there's a definite need for such a service. Yes, it would make a great job for retired people!

BeadedTail said...

I'd hire you! My aunt is retired and living in a 55+ community in Arizona so she pet sits for a lot of her neighbors who travel a lot. She's very busy and in demand but she absolutely loves it. I think I might try to do it one day too!

Mike Golch said...

I have already worked at two dream jobes at least for me they were. A corrections Officer and a Realtor

Mrs4444 said...

I think you're right--That would be a perfect job for you! I would totally feel happy to leave my pets with you. :)

Post a Comment