Monday, May 21, 2012

Me At a Tea Party?

Yes, believe it or not, I went to my first tea party on Friday with my "Circle of Friends" group from church at our leader's home and had a fun time. We wore our big silly hats. I bought this hat a long time ago with a gift card I received from one of my bosses. I just thought it would be fun to have a big fancy hat and I finally had a chance to wear it.



The table settings was just beautiful! She had two tables set with a teapot at each place. My favorite one was the one with the birds on it (the one in the picture at the top right corner of the table above). Although I am not a tea drinker, I had iced peach tea which was good. We also had cute fruit cups made from oranges, chicken salad sandwiches, a cabbage-orange-pineapple concoction that was so good I had a second helping, pickles and cheesecake.
The bee killer getting some cheesecake, his reward

During our meal an uninvited guest crashed our little party and went buzzing around the light fixture! We screamed at the bee and it went into the kitchen. Our group leader's husband came to the rescue from the basement when he heard us scream and managed to kill the bee in the kitchen. I hate bees so was very thankful he was able to kill it.

The cats were outside for most of the time, but I spoke on their behalf and they were allowed in for a little time at the end of the evening. Unfortunately, I didn't think to get a picture of them to include here but they are both beautiful, plump cats--Sasha and Pumpkin.

The hostess is with the white hat in the middle

Here's a picture of some of the women wearing their fancy hats at the other table. We had a wonderful time!  Did you ever go to a tea party?

(50 cents per legitimate comment during May goes to Joni and Friends for family retreat scholarships for those having special needs children.)

Share this:

7 comments:

Beth Ann said...

Now you know I love all things tea and tea parties are the best!!!looks like a great group of friends and a wonderful time! Love the great hats !

Lin said...

I've never been to a tea party, but I do drink tea with my friend, Judy. Does that count?

Looks like you had a lovely afternoon with the ladies! Hooray for the hero who saved you from the bee.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Great hat! My kids love hats and have all kinds of crazy ones, including a metal WWI hat and a coonskin cap! Those probably wouldn't go over well with a tea party, though.

Hurray for your hero!

BeadedTail said...

The hats look like fun! Maybe the bee thought you all were big flowers with the bright colors on your heads! :) I love tea but haven't been to a tea party before. Glad you were able to get the kitties inside!

Daisy said...

My Mommeh has never been to a tea party but many years ago, she went to Hong Kong and most days they had "high tea" with tea and little sandwiches and cakes!

unikorna said...

Your blog is irresistibly charming. I adore your honesty and openness:). kisses.

Mrs4444 said...

I agree with Unikoma :)

Looks like fun!

Post a Comment