Friday, August 19, 2011

4 Things We Learned This Week 33 of 2011 (Cleveland, sports, words)

Avengers Movie

This week I can look out my bosses' office windows and see the filming of scenes for "The Avengers." Monday we heard explosions and this is the video from Cleveland.com showing what we saw from our office. It was strange seeing NYPD police cars in front of our building too! I heard they filmed it here in Cleveland because the city was willing to block off streets for them and New York wasn't.


What interesting thing can you see from your window?

Go Browns!  Go Patriots!  Go Bucks!

Browns

It was fun watching the first pre-season game last Saturday and seeing how well the offensive line did. Our QB, Colt McCoy went 9-10 on passing during the first half when he was in and they scored two TDs. I know it's only pre-season and the Packers were not probably doing the best they could, but still, it's nice to beat the champions and winning always feels better than losing, even in pre-season.  Colt McCoy wrote a book that we have ordered from the library. 

600 Home Runs!

So glad Jim Thome (former Cleveland Indian) hit 600 home runs--he's a player who has class and always plays hard for the love of the game! He's one of my favorite players so just had to post about this!

Vocabulary

My new term I learned this week is SWAG. Did you know it stands for "Stuff We All Get" which refers to free things? I didn't either until I read "It's Really Over" at Controlling My Chaos.

Stop by Half-Past Kissin' Time for more Friday Fragments or to link up some of yours!

Share this:

8 comments:

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Last week, my husband asked me what "swag" meant. I said I didn't know. Well, now I know! Thanks for the info! ;)

BeadedTail said...

That's pretty cool they're filming a movie outside your building! Maybe you could be an extra in the movie! :)

Traci Marie Wolf said...

Wow! How cool that you can see filming of the Avengers while at work.

Since I work at a certain Sea life theme park and I get to walk around, I don't have to see any of the action from a window. Which keeps life interesting. I keep the blinds closed in my room at home (too much light.) But when I look out I see a palm tree which is cool.

I think swag can also be used as a slang version for swagger.

Anonymous said...

Well, I learned something new today. I did not know what SWAG meant. I always thought it was a description of how John Wayne walked.

Daisy said...

I didn't know that is where the term "swag" came from either!

Keetha Broyles said...

Go Colts!

Doreen said...

I did not know what swag meant but I new I liked it!! I am a fan of Jim Thome also [he was a Phillie also]
It is so awesome what you guys are doing for charity. Very inspiring!
From my home office my window faces the woods behind our house. I love watching the rabbits, squirrels and my dogs. At my out of the house job I visit all sorts of homes with a variety of views...none too bad.

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

Holy cow! That's some explosion! Very cool.

What can I see from my window? Well, Windy, of course! (Only in fall and winter, though, when the leaves are down).

I never knew what SWAG meant until now. Karen, thank you for always educating us. I love your "Things We Learned" posts!

Post a Comment