Friday, August 12, 2011

5 Things We Learned This Week 32 of 2011 (cats, money, movie, Twitter)

How To Get Manny (my cat) into the Carrier

I set the carrier in my den a week before his vet appointment and each morning threw in some of his breakfast food. He would walk in and nothing bad happened. I didn't even close the door. When it was time to go to the vet, I threw in some food and he walked right in. Success! Good job, Manny! A full post about our vet trip will be coming next week . . . I hope.  Here's the link to my video showing both cats getting into the carrier:  The Cat Carrier Challenge of 8-11-11.

We Pay That Much For The Paper?

We get the PLAIN DEALER newspaper every day but Gerard saw the bill and was surprised at how much it costs. Now we cut it back to weekends only.

The HelpThe Help

The movie, "The Help" is now showing at a theater nearby. That is one movie we both want to go see.  Are you planning to go?  Did you read the book?  Read our review of the book:  The Help by Kathryn Stockett.

Coupons

I finally got a $5.00 coupon for something we actually use: Science Diet cat food. Only problem is, I waited too long to use it and noticed it expired last Sunday. Duh!

Twitter Pics

I tried loading a picture on Twitter by clicking the little camera ikon in the bottom left corner of the tweet box on the home page to attach a picture and it worked!  The Older Geek wrote an entire post on "How To Tweet A Photo" today.

Find more Friday Fragments and link up yours at Half-Past Kissin' Time.

Share this:

12 comments:

HH and The Boys said...

I like this post and I'm going to start writing down things HH should have learned from me each week... HEE HEE... Seriously, I love the idea of recapping your week.

Have a great weekend.

pawhugs, Max

Anonymous said...

We haven't gotten a paper delivered in years. We too switched to weekends only, but then gave it up all together because we don't want to pay for what we can (mostly) read for free online.

I tried to use a coupon for Caltrate chewables and realized only when I got to the counter that it was for the 120 tablet bottle. Guess what? Nobody, I mean nobody, sells them in that size! Darn it! $3 coupon, too.

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

Oops. That "anonymous" was me. Clicked the wrong button! Darn it again!

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Looks like it was a good week for you! Great job with Manny. :)

That's pretty funny-- I JUST did a post about tweeting a photo! Was it coincidence that made you do it or did you see my post? I hope my tech posts help folks.

Have a great weekend.

Lin said...

I LOVED "The Help"! Well, the book anyway. I read it like 2 days on vacation because it was so darn good. I hear the movie is good too. I may just go see it even though I don't like going to theaters.

Grace had to go to the vet too this week. It is NOT fun trying to get them in and OUT of the carrier. Ugh.

We only get the paper on Sundays now because they started jacking with the prices and delivery of our paper. We wanted just Sat/Sun delivery and they wouldn't do that--only Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun or just Sunday. Drove me crazy! The papers are hurting so bad, they were trying to force people into buying more than they wanted, so we just went with Sunday.

They also dropped the TV listings on Sunday and put them in Thursdays paper to try and get you to buy the package. Yeah/no. It is this kind of stuff that is ruining their readership.

Mrs4444 said...

LInked you up! back later...

BeadedTail said...

I'll have to read that book especially since I see commercials about the movie constantly. I like to read the book before seeing the movie even though they are usually different. Bummer on the $5 coupon! Hope Manny is okay!

Keetha Broyles said...

I want to read The Help

Mike Golch said...

a lot of times it was easy to get Harvey to go into his carrier.we would just open the door and than he would go into it.whenwe stitched to a soft sidded carrier we just picked him up and put him into it.several weeks agoe especially after he had his seizure he did not fight being put into the carrier at all.Two weeks ago was the last time we used it he did not even fight to get out of it.he did not return from the vets that day.

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Golden Hello! Passing by to say Lots of Golden Thanks for your Barkday Wishes. I had a PAWSOME 10th Barkday! Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

My mom read the book but hesitant to watch the movie. Golden Woofs

Claudya Martinez said...

Well that's a bummer about the coupon.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

another good trick to getting your kitty to go into the carrier is to leave the carrier out ALL the time!

I did that with both of my cats so that they wouldn't associate it with the vet.

A couple of weeks ago I did a blog post about Cody's allergies and how bad his sore was on his head. The poor baby knew he was sick and put HIMSELF in his carrier right after he heard me hang up the phone with the vet!

Who says cats aren't smart?

Post a Comment