Monday, August 29, 2011

Abby and Gerard Do The Agility Course!




Since we got Abby, I've been hoping for the opportunity to try her out on an agility course and this month we got the chance at a picnic for Sr. Dogs.  The dog trainer assisted as we went along, Gerard with Abby and me with the camera.  I missed the first two obstacles, stepping over a bar which she did with no problem at all and going through the long tunnel.  Once the trainer got her head inside the tunnel, she ran through quickly to Gerard at the other end.  I was very proud of her!

I took her through again a bit later and using treats, she did everything without assistance.  I skipped the tunnel though because I didn't want to chance her being off leash in the open park with all the other dogs near by.  She even walked across the little bridge obstacle when I held the treat in front of her to coax her along.  I'm sure she would catch on fast if we pursued this activity.

Some of the other dogs I was watching didn't want anything to do with the obstacles.  I think she did great for her first time!  Gerard cracked me up at the end when he crawled through the last obstacle.  You have to watch the video.  He's the one in the dark blue shirt with no fur.


Doesn't this look like fun?  Woof!  Woof! Find more pet posts at Pets Forever or link up yours: Pet Pride

Share this:

7 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

Good job Abby!

You crack me up. Thanks for pointing out which one was Gerard.

Kay L. Davies said...

Fabulous, Abby!
I've watched champion agility dogs, and enjoyed them, but your video was the most fun. I love the way Gerard went under the one tent obstacle, too.
Great contribution to Pet Pride! Thanks for sharing it with us. Made my day,
— Kay and Lindy

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Gattina said...

What a cute video and such a good dog ! Abbey must think that her humans got crazy to let her play in a circus, lol !

Sandee said...

How fun. She did very well for her first time. Way to go Abby.

Have a terrific day. :)

Daisy said...

Abby, you are smart to do so well your very first time!

BeadedTail said...

I couldn't get the video to work for me! I wanted to see Abby and Gerard doing the agility course too but I'm glad she did so well anyway! She's a smart girl!

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Horray, Abby!

Post a Comment