Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Rude Awakening by Spunky Doodle

Manny has been beating me to sleeping on the bed with our humans for the last few weeks but last night I finally got there first and snuggled in next to Karen near the edge. On and off throughout the night she would pet me which I like. I did a lot of purring and had a good night’s rest. Then this morning about 4:30, all of a sudden the big woofie (Abby) came up at me! I scurried off quick and Karen told her not to come up unless she tells her to and jumped out of bed looking for me to make sure I was okay and didn’t get squished by the big paws. I am okay, but don’t think I’ll be back on the bed for awhile. That was scary! What has scared you lately?

(Originally posted 10/30/10 at Spunky's blog on PNN)
Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard

5 comments:

Empty Nester said...

Cute post! Such a pretty kitty!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

what has scared me lately? Actually nothing....I am a brave kitty. It is my Sheltie brother who is nervous and scared of stuff! Not ME!

BeadedTail said...

That wasn't nice of Abby to scare you off the bed Spunky Doodle! Good thing you didn't get hurt though. The woofies don't realize how big they are sometimes. Around here nothing scares my sisfur Isabella because she's soooo mellow. She doesn't even stir when the doorbell rings which it did the night and scared the daylights out of me!

Angel

Lin said...

The coveted spot on our bed is right on top of me. Ugh. Hobbes and Grace fight over who gets to sit on me each morning and it usually ends up in shifts and then everyone is happy.

Karen and Gerard said...

Empty Nester: Spunky says "thank you."

Cat Chat: Spunky says, "I am brave when it comes to high jumps, loud noises, but am not too crazy about strange trespassers in my territory and the big dog I live with who sometimes scares me when she barks so much or runs in my direction. Do you live with a big woofie?"

Beaded Tail: Spunky says, "Doorbells don't scare me one bit, nor do ringing phones. I often will go see who it is."

Lin: Spunky says, "I seldom lay on Karen. Once in a while I will lay on her lap but usually only if she makes me and not for very long. Manny is the one who likes laying on top of her. I really prefer just laying next to her. We both generally keep our distance from Gerard."

Post a Comment